Community post

Question

Was this real ovulation or a false positive?

Please look at my latest cycle currently cd17, thought I would ovulate yesterday but no obvious signs. The thing is on cd 8 I got positive opk and since then nothing, the reason I'm confused is coz I'm on clomid from cd2 to cd6 and apparently this drug can give a false positive, but the reason I tested earlier was I got major cramping in the ovaries so I knew something was going on! The cramping last for two days very very strong, do you think I ovulated?

2 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

It could be a false positive or it could be that you just ovulated early. It's hard because you were having cramping and +opk so that sounds like ovulation to me, but you are also on clomid. Do you ovulate every month? Do you normally get +opks? Is this your first month on clomid?

User Image

12 years ago

This is my third round of clomid, plus I have never used opks before.both times the hospital did an ultra sound to see if I was about to o and both times they said I hadn't but actually second round I was pregnant untill eight weeks when I had a mc. Really strange I have had another really really strong o even my hubby said there was hardly a difference in colour, and today the opk is back to very very faint, and this last teats was also with major cramps and hot flashes weird!!

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo