Community post

Question

Is it better to wait till you missed a period to confirm a pregnancy with a doctor?

I took some pregnancy tests and both showed a faint positive and I took these around 10-11 dpo. So I'm wondering when to confirm with a doctor. My af is on day 14 dpo or 15dpo

3 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Congratulations! I think most doctor want you to wait until after a missed period, unless there is anything in your lifestyle that might put the foetus at risk (but if you're ttc, I'm guessing there's probably not, so I wouldn't worry), or maybe if you're have particular fertility treatment. Probably get a doctor's appointment for about 18 dpo, and in the meantime keep testing to see the BFPs gets stronger. Good luck! :)

12 years ago

once i tested positive they didn't even check with their own tests as the tests bought from the shops are just as good as the doctors ones sometimes even better at detecting earlier! once you go the doctors they don't do anything untill your booking appointment at 10 weeks and then a scan at 12 weeks as the chance of miscarriage are at their highest so unfortunatley you just wait it out. a faint positive is a positive just ring your doctor and let them know you found out your pregnant and need to make an appointment with the doctor.

Godd Luck i just had my booking appointment feels like the longest 12 weeks ever!

12 years ago

After getting my positive with my baby boy I called the Dr's office that day and they had me come in 4 days later the day of my appointment I was 4 weeks 2 days!! I am also high risk so they got me in asap and did an u/s at 5 weeks :) I used an frer and got a positive pretty early :)

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo