Community post

Discussion

Blighted ovum after 8 months TTC :(

Found out I was pregnant after 8 months TTC on April 1st. Had brown discharge about 6 days after that, right up until yesterday when I had an early scan.
All they could see was a sac. So they took bloods to see if they were high or low. If they were low it meant I wasn't as far along as we thought (hence only the sac) or that I had already miscarried. If it was high it meant I had an eptopic. They came back mid range so I was asked to go back in 48hours (which would be tomorow) for another HCG blood test.
Well last night I started bleeding with cramps. This morning when I went to the toilet I passed the sac and some tissue. Have been bleeding with clots since then.
Absolutely devastated. Can't believe this has happened to us after we were TTC for so long.
I am convinced it's because of the Cerazette pill I was on for 4 years up until July last year.
Hopefully in time we will get over it and can try again. So scared it could happen again.

7 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

Wow, Im sorry to hear that, after 4 months of ttc me n my fiance finally found out i was pregnant... things were going great until they coudlnt get a heartbeat. Went in to an Ultrasound and all they saw was a sac n my blood work was showing my levels decreasing. Needless to say my doc said it was a blightned ovum. I was supposeivy 14 weeks then.. So i understand what your going through my miscarriage was so bad I was in the hopsital for 3 days and had to have an emergency D&C because I was losing so much blood. I lost the baby in Ocotber.

Needless to say, been having preg. symptoms.. but im not late yet... 3 days til my cycle is supposeto start took a preg. test..2 of them actually the one I posted was from this morning... to me it looks postive but i dont know... I am hoping I am... will you look and see if you think its positive?

12 years ago

I'm sorry to hear about your loss...

The same thing happened to us in 2009... went in for an ultrasound at 10w5d, and the technician was incredibly rude and kept insisting that I was 5w4d. Needless to say, my dr. called a few hours later to confirm what we already knew, blighted ovum. I took Cytotek at the advise of our dr., and ended up in the ER due to the massive pains and blood loss.

It's now been nearly 3 years, and we're ttc again... I know it's painful and nothing anyone says will help you feel better, but it does in fact get better. The only advise I will give is to talk about it with someone... I think the whole 'it's taboo' to talk about is ridiculous, and I found/find that talking about my experience and not pretending like it never happened has greatly helped.

Here's some good luck to the both of us!!

User Image

12 years ago

the same thing happened to me, but after 6 years of trying, but i didn't pass anything by body absorbed everything, i didn't even have a cycle till monthes later i let it happen naturally even though i knew it might take a long time cause i didn't want to put myself through a d and c

11 years ago

i'm sorry to hear about your loss.
I had a scan at 13 weeks (1yr ago tomorrow) and there was only a gestational sac. I'd had brown discharge and spotting from 7 weeks 2 days but they never gave me an early scan because tests were still + and the bleeding wasn't heavy, bright red or clots.
I had been TTC for 2 years and been TTC a rainbow baby for a year now

Prayers and to you

Daisypath Christmas tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Clomid cycle #1 Clomid cycle #2 Clomid cycle #3

11 years ago

Lost my Christmas baby due to a blighted ovum on 4/24. We tried for 5 yrs only to find out we were pregnant on 4/18 only to lose it 6 days later. My heart was beyond crushed so I understand you pain. I wish I could give you a hug! :( Baby dust to you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers xx

11 years ago

I totally understand your pain as well... Had a Blighted Ovum at 11w5d in 2009... went in due to light bleeding and had an u/s done with they couldn't hear a heartbeat. I ended up taking Cytotek (BAD MISTAKE) to help things along... That stupid pill put me in the hospital for 3 days and I was in the worst pain of my life. I swear it's due to my Dr.'s office not reading my throid tests correctly and thus my hormone levels were off the charts when we conceived...

We're just now (3 years later) trying to conceive again... Baby dust to all, and I hope to see some Sticky BFP's soon!!!! :)

User Image

11 years ago

Thank you to you all for your lovely responses to my post. Sorry I haven't been online before to respond but I needed some time to myself and we had a house move.
Since my loss I have been diagnosed with a bleed on my ovary so I'm still bleeding vaginally (almost 5 weeks of it now!!) and have to have bloods and scans every week. It's like it will never be over and we can't move on from it :(
I am so sorry for all your loses too and I really take comfort from all the lovely things you have said to me. Makes me glad I joined this group :)
Much love and baby dust to all of you. I hope we get some positive new very very soon.
Lou xxx

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo