Log In | Sign Up Now! | Help & Support | Print Print This Page
Major update and mobile-friendly site coming soon! Learn more
   Day Past Ovulation 123456789101112131415161718    
Need Advice? Ask Your Question

Questions & Answers

Category: Fertility Issues

Asked by Craigie-Craigo

Q: GP won't give me Clomid for PCOS?

Hi girls, I have PCOS and have been on Metformin since Xmas but still not ovulating or having af so went back to gp and he wont give me clomid as I haven't had an af. He's sending hubbie's swimmers to be tested and then will refer me to a specialist, and then he mentioned that they could maybe give me clomid?? How - if he wont? They also mentioned ovarian drilling, any experiences of this? Scared me a little!

This question was asked May. 10, 2012 2:11am
Category: Fertility Issues

Answer This Question Report this question
Answered by Kaywinnet - Jun. 3, 2012 7:55pm
GPs are of no use when trying to conceive. Definitely try to talk with your gynecologist or even a reproductive endocrinologist! I understand not starting Clomid with no period, but if that were the case you should have been prescribed a medication to jump start your cycle.

5 out of 6 found this answer helpful

Answered by a member - May. 10, 2012 7:52am
why dont you try vitex and red raspberry leaf? got me ovulatating and my period after taking for a month! good luck

9 out of 10 found this answer helpful

Answered by michelle2879 - May. 10, 2012 5:34am
I just went to an obgyn. The first thing she did was prescribe provera to start af since I have not had it in a very long time. Then she wants me to go have u/s done. After my bloodwork has come back she has already mentioned clomid so like the other ladies I would check out some obgyn in your area!!!!

8 out of 9 found this answer helpful

Answered by a member - May. 10, 2012 2:47am
Personally, I would see an OBGYN or an RE--someone who specializes in this field. Good luck!!

10 out of 12 found this answer helpful

Answered by sammehbaybeh - May. 10, 2012 2:46am
A Gp isn't allowed to prescribe clomid, only a gynecologist or a fertility specialist can sorry :(
As for ovarian drilling i haven't had it done because it also scared me a bit, but i have had a laparoscopy to drain some of my cysts.
Good luck with everything! xx

12 out of 14 found this answer helpful

Answer This Question

You are not logged in. You must be a member to answer questions.

If you are already a member login now, if you are not a member yet register now!