Community post

Discussion

October 2018 Babies

View Full Post

Hi and Welcome to October 2018 babies corner! This forum is created for those of us that didn't get a bfp in December 2017 and anyone who wants to join/pop in/lurk around our corner for happenings, updates, good news moral support etc. Little bit about myself. I'm 40 & DF is almost 50. I joined quite some time ago. Df and i have Been actively ttc'ing for a couple of months now with no such luck. We'll keep praying for our little addition to the family and understand that this is in god's hands and it's only going to happen on his time, not ours. In the meantime, i can only pray the sperm will meet that egg soon!! How bout yall? What method(s) are you currently using?

please excuse any typos as I'm on my cell phone

764 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

151 - 160 of 764 Replies | Last Page

@ Beaut1ful38 - I think if you really want this job then you should definitely take it! If it makes life better for you that can only help in the ttc process.

6 years ago

Dragonfly and FlamingoGirl- Thank you for your opinion on TTC and new job. Will continue the TTC process.

6 years ago

@beaut1ful38
I was in your shoes in November, it was my dream job for the time being and the pay was 20K more than what i was getting paid annually. i had started trying to conceive and i got my ovulation right after first interview and for the first time OPK showed positive ( it was second cycle trying and using opk , i never got positive on first cycle) , but i didn't Bd.
here in Australia we have 6 months probationary period where they can let you go without any explanation after 6 months but if they keep you employed they have to go through a lot to be able to fire you or let you go ( 3 written warnings and stuff ). i thought if i get pregnant 3 months in , they won't notice till my probationary period finishes , then i can let them know.
But i think you need to consider your age, your goals in life , your career development , your financial situation , and if there is more room to grow in your new job and diffidently the culture of the company, are they family oriented? are they so big that you're just a number ? do they have HR ( believe me they can fight for every right you have ) .

Well i ended up withdrawing from my application after my second interview, because my husband's company ( which is a family business ) offered me a position paying 15 K more than my previous job ( just saying so you can understand my reasons) and they told my husband we know it's time for you to have kids and we understand that, we don't want this position to keep Penny from getting pregnant . considering this conversation i took this job and we started TTC from the month after , and i regret not trying that month . but if they wouldn't have mention this to my husband i would change my job and wait for another 3 months.

User image

6 years ago

@beautiful i would say leave it up to God and your heart will follow. i personally haven't been in your shoes. this is a tough one for sure.

@dragonfly this sucks if CTP website and/or forum will be down for two days! i enjoy coming on here and checking on ya'll.

Afm i believe i am due to O tomorrow or thursday perhaps. i am moody, breasts and areolas have increased and stayed this way, they are so tender, bloated, irritable, exhausted, some cramping, bought a pink onsie with cupcakes today and following @neomasie's advise! speak my pregnancy to existence

please excuse any typos as I'm on my cell phone

6 years ago • Post starter

I think I'm finally going to O tomorrow!!!

If I had my regular 31 day cycle, I would have O'd on Sunday but all signs were not pointing that way. It seems my chemical still has my hormones out of whack enough to lengthen my cycle this month by 3 days. I took a Wondfo OPK this evening and it was definitely positive. From what I understand, that means I'll probably O tomorrow!! I'll feel better if DH and I can get in one more romp tonight but we "prepared" just in case O was on time. Hopefully that means there's some little girls still lingering in there

Can't wait til we can all start testing!! Eek!

to all!

6 years ago

Katyfootballmomma-ooh I bought my onesie as well when I brought it up! I actually got the advise from my pastor! Thanks I am praying and giving it to God! It will happen when he says.

Penny- the new job is family oriented. It’s everything I’m looking for. I am just confused as 9 months (if) I would need time off. That’s the part I feel like they may question. It one of those if I don’t keep trying and pick up again in 3 months will I be trying for another 7 months. Bc that is the cycle we are on now.

6 years ago

@Beaut1fu38 whats the reasoning behind taking EPO only up until Ovulation? I haven't heard that one.

I've heard of a lot of people taking baby aspirin, but never considered it. I think I'm going to pick some up.

AFM-2DPO lots of gas and bloating. Fatigued and still have runny CF.

Lil 10/28/17 User image

6 years ago

Hi Ladies,
I have been reading up on everyone, but not posting lately.

Holly - how are you doing? I did femera for a couple of cycles (I ovulate on my own, but RE wanted to give us an extra change and my follicles were not super big before ovulation- 1.8 cm without femera pre -O, but 2.2cm with femera).

Ruby - how are things going? We are gonna try IUI in a couple of cycles and if they don't work we are moving on to IVF.

Beautiful - that is amazing news about your aunt and uncle! I hope this is your month too!

Dragonfly - when did you start taking Maca? How are you finding it? I worry about taking supplements now. I tried Vitex for a couple of months this summer and I am wondering if it was a good thing or not. My lining had not been as thick ever since (used to be 14 mm at ovulation and now it's around 9mm, but that might also be the femera). RE says anything about a 7-8 is good enough.

I can't remember who asked, but this is my status/update. I take a pre-nat, B12 (I am def), CoQ 10 (good for heart health and egg quality) and Vit D (canadian winter's don't allow for a tonne of it). I am on synthroid (prescribed by RE) and will try preseed again this month. Started using opk's yesterday (I am CD 11 today) and am expecting to get a positive tomm (ovulate on CD 13 - Thursday). I am 36, DH is 39 and I stopped bc 4 years ago and we have been actively ttcing for just over 2 years.

Good luck to all!

6 years ago

Neomasie-Evening Primrose Oil has been shown to help in the production of fertile cervical fluid in such circumstances. ... Note that Evening Primrose Oil should only be taken from menstruation to ovulation, as EPO may cause uterine contractions. The dosage taken should be 1500mg to 3000mg per day. Hope that helps, I believe it helps with hormone balance as well.

Twwtoolong- hey was wondering about you! Glad to hear you will O soon!

6 years ago

Hi Ladies!! Looks like the site is back up and running. I have been missing my daily check ins with everyone so I'm glad to see it back up. This new format is going to take some getting used to but it does look a lot more modern/updated with these internet times we live in.

Update: I started using OPK's today on CD9. Got a low but I was expecting that. If cycle goes as normal I should see highs for a few days now and then a peak sometime on CD14 or 15. I'm nervous about timing as it looks like DH is working two twelve hour shifts on my O day and the day after... That means we'll have to work extra hard to get those three days in a row around O day. I looked back on my charts and we don't seem to be BDing on O day so maybe that is what we need.

In other news my twin sister is taking her nexplanon out on the 30th and they are ttc for baby #2 starting after that. She got pregnant on the first try with baby #1 so I'm sure that will happen for her again. Hopefully our babies will be weeks apart and we can both be happy and pregnant together! Looking forward to chatting with you all again!

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo