Community post

Discussion

Ttc in 2018

View Full Post

Ttc in 2018

410 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

171 - 180 of 410 Replies | Last Page

Dragonfly this is my 2nd month off the mini pill. I know it can take awhile. I don’t temp atm as I am breastfeeding my 22 month old so I don’t sleep much at night. Opks never really worked for me so I am going CM CP and ovulation pain

6 years ago

I know it can take awhile to conceive my son took 2 years of trying

6 years ago

Hello, everyone. Hope all are doing good and things are going well for everyone.
Currently, CD12. no hint of flashing smiley on opk. Last 2 months it went from no smiley to solid smiley and my cycles were 24/25 days. Had my ob do labs which im waiting on. I am thinking low estrogen. Im 39, dont sleep throughout the night well, and i read on cbe site the flashing smiley detects the rise in estrogen and the solid detect the lh rise. Ill find out on the 22nd. Meanwhile, i normally O on cd14/15 so im gonna bd starting today anyway.
I read vitex (chasteberry) can help with estrogen. Has anyone taken it? If my results come back low, i was thinking natural instead of prescriptions.

6 years ago

@kelliria - I'm taking Vitex and I've been taking it for about 3 months so far. I had really short periods and the dr. said my lining sucked (not her clinical terms lol). The Vitex has improved that, increasing my AF from 2 days light to 4 days and much heavier. Now, I had my estrogen tested on CD3 and it was low, but in the normal limits. I'm thinking the Vitex is working, and I have no side effects from it, so why not? I take it at night.

6 years ago

Thank you, @calvingirl. My clearblue easy opk was negative yesterday and a solid peak today. Never got a flashing smiley this month either. My periods have always been very light. 3 days in length lately. Clomid can also cause lining to thin. I did get to bd today but we have been the last 5 months; the days leading up to and on O. I have 2 more rounds of clomid if this month doesnt work. I read not to take the 2 together. (Clomid and vitex) So if the clomid doesnt work or if my dr says hormone tests are off, ill ask about vitex and stop clomid. You're right, as long as you are not having side affects, why not? It's overall good for female reproduction. That's why i was wondering about it. It keeps popping up for hormone balance and i thought id try that before more prescriptions.
Have a great day everyone. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

6 years ago

hi ladies.....just checking in..in a bad mood as i start my clomid today and discovered the prescription is wrong....uggg..how are you ladies?

User image

6 years ago

Oh, no, @shanta77. What doseage did they put you on? Im on 50mg. I used it 3 yrs ago and was successful so my dr said it would be fine this time. This is 4th month of clomid and figured he would have upped it to 100mg.

6 years ago • Edited

I'm supposed to be on 100 for 5 days but they gave me 50 milligrams for 5 days

User image

6 years ago

Well, i would have taken 2 and called my dr to call in another 5 pills so you could have your 100mgs a day. I know how the feeling goes. Like you wasted another month and you havent even started. I conceived my daughter on 50mg. 6th month. My dr hasnt checked follies or did progesterone check at cd23 this time. Been on it 4 months. I requested my own hormone tests and he said that 50 will be fine cause it worked last time. My question to him: how do you know my hormones haven't changed? I am 39.
Let me know what they say. Have you been taking clomid? If so, which round is this for you?

6 years ago

@muslimahmumma CM and CP isn’t very reliable (per doctor) What brands of opks have you tried? I understand breastfeeding and TTC, that’s one reason temping didn’t work well for me. I used Babi opk and it works great, test twice a day one around 10 am and again around 7/8 pm.
@Kelliria I hope you get the answers you are looking for to help get you on your road for better ttc.
@shanta77 sorry you are in a bad mood I hate when meds are the wrong prescription.

User image

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo