Community post

Discussion

When are you going to announce your pregnancy?

Hi,

I'm just wondering when it is ok to tell my close family and friends - I am thinking on the day that AF is supposed to be arriving... What is everyone else doing in terms of close family and close friends?

12 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

1 - 10 of 12 Replies | Last Page

I am ttc and got a POSSIBLE bfp today, but I am not jumping the gun. I have a couple of very close friends I will tell right away, but I will wait to really ANNOUNCE that I am pg to everyone else (family included) until at least my first doctor's appointment. Not to speak on a sore subject, one of my good friends conceived last winter. Before she even had her first doctor's appointment (scheduled about two weeks after her bfp and about 3 weeks after her missed period), she told EVERYONE! We were looking at Babies-r-us catalogues at work and she was picing out what she wanted the baby's room done in, what stroller she wanted, etc. We were even talking about when to throw the baby shower. She had a miscarriage by the first ultrasound (3 weeks after she announced to everyone she was pg). It took a few months before everyone at work caught on and people were coming up to her at work saying things like "wow, you are lucky to be staying so tiny!" and "when is the baby due?" It ripped open that wound again everytime. Because of that reason, I have decided to wait to tell everyone once I get my bfp. I may even wait until after my first trimester is over, because that is the most critical time during a pregnancy.

~Lisa~

13 years ago

With my last pregnancy I told everyone within a few weeks because we were so excited. We had a missed miscarriage in November at 15 weeks. We are now 5 weeks pregnant again and have only told my best friend. We just want to keep it to ourselves for a little while. It's quite nice to have a little secret but I would imagine we tell people before the end of the first trimester.

Lilypie Maternity tickers  BabyFruit Ticker

13 years ago

With my last pregnancy I told everyone right away, and severly regretted it! I miscarried at 8 weeks. Having everyone know and ask how I was doing was horrible. When I do get my bfp I will probably tell my Mom, my best friend and maybe my sisters. Thats it. Hope that helps!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

13 years ago

And congrats Corvina!!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

13 years ago

I have had a couple of early MCs, 5weeks & 7 weeks. So we probably wont tell our mums until 8 weeks and everyone else after we reached the 12 weeks mark. Although it will be tough to not tell my bestfriend.

User Image

13 years ago

Expecting, it was past the development time in the directions before the faint line appeared. Could be an evap. I am testing again Monday before I get too excited, lol.

~Lisa~

13 years ago

Corvina, I really hope it wasnt an evap line!! Good luck testing on Monday morning (if you end up being able to wait that long!) I plan on waiting until Monday to test as well, but I have a feeling I might cave and do it tomorrow morning! LoL!! Lets hope it's a great month for both of us!!

13 years ago

I am 5 weeks pregnant with my 1st and couldn't keep my secret very long... I have told family and friends due to the excitement, but have kept it to a minimum at work. I hope I won't regret telling people so early... I just couldn't help it!

and to everyone!

User Image

13 years ago

Kirstin i am in the same boat!
Intended secret... first baby after ttc 2yrs just cant seem to keep it in. Most family and close friends know, only selected few at work whom i work closest too know, trying to keep it secret otherwise! lol !
Keeping fingers crossed i wont regret telling so many!
Good luck x

Ectopic 7wks 7.2.11

13 years ago

My family knows, as does my BF (she is due in April, so it's great to have someone to Q&A), and we are telling DH's family next week, other than that, no one else until 13 weeks. Those are the only ppl I would want to have supporting me should anything go wrong. I'm private and I really don't want people fawning over me. It annoys me.

BabyFruit Ticker

13 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo