Community post

Discussion

Who is taking Synthroid?

I have 1 son in which it only took 3 months to conceive. I'm now on month 8 of TTC #2. I called my OB office for advice. I was asked about my thyroid and after a health screening recently done at work, I gave her my thyroid lab value. My thyroid is perfectly normal, however I guess they like your number to be between 1-2. My level is 2.036. Since it just a smidge higher, I was put on synthroid to bring it down. Has anybody been put on synthroid while TTC? If so, how did it work out for you?

8 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

I've been on synthroid since I was 15 years old. I'm just now ttc (almost 30). At my yearly physical I get my thyroid levels checked every year and my NP made sure that I was under 2 this time around as I told her we were ttcing now. I'm on cycle 3 of ttc so we'll see how it goes. I'm going to follow this thread to see if anyone else has some input.

My twin sister, who was never on synthroid had her levels checked after she was pregnant in early 2016. She was higher then a 2, I think around 3 or 4 and they want you under a 2 for pregnancy so they put her on synthroid while she was pregnant. After she had her baby in August 2016 she went off the synthroid and waited 6 months or so for them to check her levels again. Turns out she is now to high for a not pregnant person so she is on synthroid for good now. She would need to be below a 2 for when they start trying for baby number 2 next year anyways.

6 years ago

Yeah, I'm interested how this goes. I was 25 when my son was born 3 years ago and now I'm almost 29. I'm overweight but otherwise healthy and I don't take any medications (Synthroid now) and I've always had regular cycles. So this situation was just a little odd for me.

6 years ago • Post starter

I'm on synthroid. I've been on it for a few years. I started ttc many years ago and turns out I had/have pcos. Apparently it can happen to anyone, but I've seen some with pcos ahve it. After they got my level under 2, put me on vitamin d and iron for low levels and I did a bunch of other things, more water/sleep/improved diet/acupuncturist & IUIs I delivered a healthy baby boy 2 years ago. I'm ttc again. Whenever I don't wait the full 30 minutes in the morning to refrain from other supplements after taking synthroid, my tsh level creeps up again.

6 years ago

Any updates ladies? I'm on CD5 of our 6th cycle TTC our first baby. Just curious if the two of you have had any luck or if there are more ladies out there on synthroid and ttc.

6 years ago

On it now. My thyroid was around 2's which was fine while TTC according to my RE. However when I got pregnant it creeped up to 3.15 so they put me on Synthroid. I'm on a low dose, 25mcg and my level went down, now it's hovering around 0.13-0.25. I'll be on it the remainder of my pregnancy and then stop it. From what my RE said was my levels weren't alarmingly high, just something to keep an eye on. I know women that had thyroid levels over 300 and had normal pregnancies and no trouble TTC. However, I have PCOS and several other things that made me incapable of conceiving but it had nothing to do with my thyroid levels.

User image

6 years ago

Just wanted to update that I got my BFP two weeks ago! It took us 9 months of ttc but we did it! I'm not sure if my hypothyroidism had anything to do with how long it took, but it might have played a factor. I have my yearly physical next week and got my TSH blood draw last week so we shall see where my numbers are at. The OBGYN told me not to change anything and when they do blood work later on they will it add it to my panels. I'm glad about that but also glad that I just got them drawn so will get a sneak peak at the numbers and talk to my general practitioner about it earlier then the OBGYN plans to check things. As this is our first pregnancy I feel like being safe with this.

5 years ago

I have been on synthroid for almost 3 years and have 2 beautiful little girls and am pregnant again. Make sure you take it every morning and it’s important to take your prenatal at least 6 hours later (I just take mine at night). You’ll get checked regularly during your pregnancy and don’t be surprised if your dosage changes. Mine never did, but it’s not uncommon if your levels change.

5 years ago

I've been on Synthroid for 15 years and used to get my levels checked twice a year. For the past 10 years it's been once a year. Last year this time my TSH was 1.27 which is great! Today my level came back at 3.18, which is above normal for a non-pregnant person. I've read that for the first trimester they want you between 01. and 2.5 and that in the 2nd and third between 0.2 and 0.3. I've called my OBGYN to see if they can take a look at my labs and maybe increase my dosage (which hasn't changed since I was 17!) to get me back below 2.5.

@Logo817 - What were your TSH levels during your pregnancy? How often did they check yours?

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo