Community post

Discussion

Working night shift

This is all very new to me... and it's the first time ever that I will be attempting to track my BBT. I understand the rationale for checking it every day at the same- however, when is the most appropriate time to check it in my situation when I am working 12-hour night shifts? I would imagine to take my temp as soon as I wake up when I am working, however, then, what time do I test when I'm not working? It's very hard adjusting my sleep patterns back and forth and I just want to try to do this as accurately as possible. Any adivce would be great- thanks!

~The vulnerable should not wound~

1 Reply • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I work night shift as well. I take my temp as soon as I get up wether I woked or not. The times are not even close, but it's the best I can do given the circumstances. Just make sure you've had at least 4 hours of continuous sleep. And try to take it at the same times when your schedule allows. For example - on my days off I always take my temp at 7:00 am and when I work at 4:00 pm. Hope his helps. Good luck!

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo