Community post

Discussion

MARCH CONCEPTION (Maybe) OVULATING Today - Any Cycle Buddies

View Full Post

Hey lovely TTC Sisters!

Today is my ovulation day! Whoohooo!!! DH and I lastnight and admittedly it was great!! ((blushing)) I'm totally excited that lastnight's BD might have been just in time to catch my ever so elusive egg! Not to take any chances however I hope to ambush him tonight when he gets in! Praying of course he won't be too tired.

Anyway AF is due on 26th March, and I'm looking to group up with anyone due around then to the end of March. Or anyone ovulating today or due over the next few days.

Hook me up! Would love to trade symptoms and chart the next TWW together! Happy BD all!

Stephanie

User Image User Image Praying for a fruitful 2012, with tonnes of for us ALL!!!

537 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

411 - 420 of 537 Replies | Last Page

sorry about the cramping and vomiting guys. ick. I think you guys "midwife" is our "doula" I could be wrong. A doula in America is there to provide support for the laboring woman but not deliver the baby. A midwife can be a nurse or just someone with a certification depending upon state regulations that does deliver the baby and provide support. OBGYNs deliver the baby and do not provide any support they are just there to catch the baby and make sure medical intervention is not necessary.
IMO The pain of childbirth is not that bad especially if you get an epidural. I got one with Scarlett and it was like "I think I'm having a contraction". I wasn't even sure. I think it was unnecessary tho. I was just afraid that it was going to hurt. I am a lot less afraid this time because I did make it to 9 cm before they gave it to me. It wasnt that bad,intense, but not bad, I could have pushed her out without it. My sister had c sections(3) and that defiantly hurt afterwards. poor girl couldn't even walk up and down the steps for weeks!! An hour after I had scarlett I was up moving around and didn't need to take anything for pain. to each their own I suppose. If you have your future baby in europe you will need to put your baby through the same citizenship process you are going through and your baby could never become the president of the USA.
as for "not trying" Dh and I have had a few talks about it. we have never used contraception. I dont want my tubes tied and he doesn't want the vasectomy either.Like your friend, dh doesn't use condoms. I don't know what we are going to do. 3 kids is enough for me. If we have any more kids we will need a bigger house! I keep arguing with myself about where life begins I dont want to murder my own unborn children. Maybe i'm crazy.
Well I hope you girls get lots of in and get your this month.

11 years ago

hello ladies so i got my positive opk yay plenty of till sunday and keep my fingers crossed it will work :)
steph i hope it doesnt work out to be a long cycle for u i hate long cycles my af was 2days late last month just kept wishing it would hurry so i could move onto next cycle
bauer ur obyn would be a midwife over here the health system over hear is really good and its free for mother and child

11 years ago

Hey ladies
Wilson well done on getting a positive surge. Took another test and it was still low which I don't get. I'm nervous I may have missed it from day 10 *unusual* or may get it tomorrow day 13 * still unusual* will test again tomorrow and see. No further cramping since lastnight, so that's not a good sign. If it came on day 10 Tue I would've defo missed it as I didn't test then nor . Oh well, holding my breath....
Bauer thanks for the info re the role of the Midwife and OBGN. In the UK Midwives were pretty much nurses at one point, but who majored in or eventually branched out to specifically deal with pregnant mother's/mother's to be. They are with you from the moment you discover you're pregnant and is there every step of the way until the baby is born. They are the ones who deliver the baby *correct me if I'm wrong wilson* Our doctors don't deliver the babies, however a GYNE would. Our GYNE are doctors by profession who's feild is women's health. So from issues happening *down there* to internal stuff ie cyst, fibroids and major/minor surgeries related to women's health *I've had major and minor opps done due to fibroids in the past, and it was my GYNEs who conducted both procedure. I had a female first, then a male who I've had now a few years. Both did pretty much the same thing, working at the same hospital and on the same team, and that was deal with issues pertaining to health of the female anatomy. My male GYNE also works with pregnant women, so he would have held my hand through the entire process if I was there and pregnant. Wished he would've. I guess here because healthcare is privated the roles between healthcare professionals vary, in the pretty much all of them are paid by the same boss and that's the goverment. So roles are pretty specific between professionals. As for having the baby here...oh i've long weighted up the pros and cons and lets just say having the opportunity to run for presidency is a pro I just cant throw away Oh yeah, I've got too much riding on my little bambinos that I'm happy for them to inherit british nationality through me, rather than the other way round for the US. So thanks for the heads up, I definitely got this one cover Thanks for the reminder also about us all being mothers next month had we all gotten knocked up when the post was started Well at least few of you ladies were successful. The rest of us will keep trying. I'm hoping by this time next year I'll be set to become a mommy.

11 years ago • Post starter

Keep your head up steph you haven't been trying that long if you consider you were gone all summer! Your day will come soon. that sucks your ov is off, could it be because your lasted a little longer? If it makes you feel any better my ov was all over the place anywhere from 12-31 days! thank god for the sore nipples that came with it or the ov test woulda sent me to the poor house. As for Wilson it has been such a tough year, you are so strong and ambitious you will make a great mother when your time comes. Christmas babies make christmas shopping really difficult anyway! and its so hard to find a maternity coat! poor scarlett, I couldnt zip my coat so she was left sticking out I could feel her curl up in a ball when I went outside I think it will be fun going to the beach 30-40 weeks prego! You guys might get to too!
as for GYN's well we have those too they specialize in women's health but do not deliver babies they have to have the OB to deliver babies. My mom had fibroids too steph you are very lucky she had to have a full hysterectomy to remove hers! did their removal cause any scarring that would hurt your chances of conceiving? I am going to see if I can rent a fetal doppler today wouldn't that be fun? When you get your surge steph use soft cups!!!
to you wilson happy for the next few.

11 years ago

hello ladies
so ov has been and gone but still 2nite just to be on the safe side but i did get 2 positive opks 1 on thursday and friday havent got that in a very long time have been since thursday and just hoping i caught that little eggy nd i got my first high temp this morning so i think its safe to say im in d dreaded 2ww
steph how are you getting on any sign of ur positive opk or even gettung darker hope ur getting in plenty of would be perfect if be both got a this month be the perfect early xmas present
bauer how are you keeping u all set for xmas have u your shopping done have most of my shopping done how is decorated and im going to do some wrapping this week i luv xmas cant wait for it

11 years ago

Thats great Wilson 4 ur . That would make your christmas extra special
I'm so tired scarlett woke me up at 330 this morning and wouldnt go back to sleep till 545 just in time for me to start working.She is such an awful sleeper!!!!! I hope the next baby sleeps better. All my Christmas shopping is done few things still coming in the mail. I really need to get DH and anniversary gift. our anniversary is on the 11th I dont know what to get him!!! I wanted to get my tree up last friday but sd was at her mothers so Dh said we had to wait til she is here She has been having a lot of regression problems lately. she peed herself one day she refuses to wash her body we just found out she hasn't been wearing underwear for some reason she wont help around the house I swear im not lying my 1 year old does more chores than my 7 year old!I dont know what to do! I don't know if she is just really lazy or if it has something to do with the new baby

11 years ago

Hey ladies

Just checking and giving an update. I ovulated latish well day 13/14 yet af showed yesterday day 24 like clockwork Which is interesting as I would've said due to the 2 days delay in OV then af would be a day or two late. Well not so at all. Which means I had a shorter lutheal stage than normal. But with a 7day flow last time, my cycle was bound to be screwed. I thought I was in with a chance but avoided symptom spotting, took one preg test at 10dpo and it was a neg so I knew I was out.
Anyway it's day 2 now, and I know it's bound to be heavy later on today and tomorrow. Just looking forward to it being over. Roll on Sunday!

Anyway how are you ladies doing. Wilson any good news? Bauer how are you and your little angel coming along? re your question about the firbroids I had, no I do not think it's a factor. I had a myemectomy then and have them removed. 1 has grown back but it's location it's locatio should not prevent conception according to my gyne. My tubes are all clear, and my ovaries are normal so with that I was told to just be consistent and keep trying and eventually we'll conceive. Praying this will be my month.

what a bummer! I hope the soy didnt make you estrogen dominate. Fibroids are so scary im sorry you had to go through that. I'm 12 weeks now so the worst part is over. I gained 4lbs so far, I feel huge but everyone keeps telling me its in my head. Scarlett has been waking up at 4 am everyday for over a week, I was getting my energy back too until I had to deal with that. I can't wait to have a few days off for christmas. I'll be cheering for you next month . I just got a 200 dollar bill for taking scarlett to the hospital a month or so ago! Oh boy I better save up for when the baby is born. I dont understand why I even have insurance it would be more cost effective to save the 600/month premiums and use them as needed. the bill i got when scarlett was born was $3000 because she had to stay in the hospital for 2 days. You guys are lucky having babies with no bills over there. Lots of

11 years ago

hello ladies
no news to report ov,d day 14 im now on cycle day 28 nd no sign of af tested at 11dpo got a bfn so going to just leave it and wait for af to show was disappionted i actually start crying nd couldnt stop it all caught up on me had a bad uti last week was on antibiotics and have been feeling down the last couple of days crying over stupid little things
steph so sorry u got a bfn to hopefully we will get lucky over xmas just going to take it easyy this cycle no opk or anything so going to relax nd bd when i feel like it relax over xmas so wish aaf would just show so i can get on with next cycle u making any changes
bauer wow ur medical is very exspensive over here in ireland the minute ur pregnant u are covered and when the babs is born till 6 weeks ah 12 weeks uve passed the danger area yay so happy for u hope scarlett settles soon id say u are shattered how did ur anniversary go u recieve any nice gifts hoppe ur dh treated u well u ladies all set for xmas

11 years ago

Hey gal pals

Doing great this side, day 4 and af is still heavy. Glad as it's almost over now so looking forward to having a great Christmas af free!
Bauer oh wow 12 weeks already? Awesome! Happy to hear you are over that 1 hurdle and you baby is progressing fine.
I absolutely struggle to imagine the financial burden that comes with giving birth (ie $3000 bill for baby staying 2 nightes) and even the contant cost of taking that same child for random checks here and there. Like really???? I understand why some people just don't bother having insurance as they simply can't afford it. When I went to London I was sure to do all my GP, Dental and GYNE appointments while there. I did the same before leaving last year. And this because I know it's free and I do not have to pay. 3yrs ago I came to visit my hubby and I caught "strep" on the plane. tonsils swole up, throat hurt, couldn't eat, had fever just a very horrible feeling I should shift during my brief 5days stay. I insisted hubby "we we'rent married then" take me to see a doctor as it was becoming unbearable after trying remedies that didn't work. I went and they gave me 2 jabs costing just shy of $200 but we gladly paid as it meant I'd be fine in 24hrs. Well I kid you not, the next day NOTHING CHANGED. I was gladly flying back to London and I arrived the following day so 2days after my jabs. I arrived and went STRAIGHT to my GP "dr" office, I was seen momentarily and a prescription was written for antibioctics which cost me 8pounds to fill at the pharmacy "zero because if I was umemployed" I experienced relief instantly and was perfectly well to resume my temp job the following day. I will never forget it as it was free and effective yet the one paid for did nothing. it's crying shame the cost you guys hear have to bear for healthcare even with insurance.

Wilson great to hear from you chica. Sorry for your bfn and for the delay to af showing. Seems my cycle have caught up with yours. Well don't worry we can make a pack for Christmas. Well I'm back on the wagon again, and I wont give up until I get total success. Not sure if I'll do anything different this cycle. Question have you ladies tried Pre-Seed? I've never done but it seem to be very popular among women who conceive, just wanted to know ur experiences if any.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo