Community post

Discussion

Period Late, HPT all Negative, but...

View Full Post

I just finished reading story after story of women who were told they weren't pregnant by their doctors, who had taken lots of HPT's that kept coming back negative but were indeed...pregnant. Many times nothing would show until months into the pregnancy.

I'm wondering who else has experienced this? What did you do? Did you go to the doctor demanding a blood test? Have those been inaccurate too?

I feel pregnant. I just don't feel my norm. But every test I take it negative. My very regular period isn't showing up, yet I feel like it should be in terms of symptoms. So, without trying to psych myself out, just wondering what other stories are out there about negative tests and pregnancy results that didn't show a positive until much later in the pregnancy.

26 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 26 of 26 Replies

That's what happened during my miscarriage. My hcg kept going up. Not normally. Very slowly. No one could really tell me if I was pregnant or not. So in the end the hcg just plummeted and reached negative levels.

me: 27 bf: 38 | JAN 2012 - | MAY 2014 - | JUNE 2014 - | JULY 2014 - | AUG 2014 - | SEPT 2014 - User Image

12 years ago

Yeah, that's what finally happened. It kept creeping up super slow but not at the levels it should be for a good pregnancy and now this week it finally went down. So at least we know what's going on.

Thanks for your feedback during all of this! It's been good to hear from an outside voice.

Now we're just waiting for my cycle to become normal so we can start trying again.

Best wishes to you as well!

12 years ago • Post starter

I have a sad feeling I am in this boat... I am over a week late and should be seeing consistent HPT + but instead I got one faint positive and then lots of negatives (I tried 4 different brands and types!). My symptoms are kind of there, but I don't even have the heart to see the doctor because I am afraid that it isn't viable.

Sigh. I keep telling myself not to even think that I was ever pregnant because then maybe it won't be so sad. This was the one month I didn't really pay attention to anything and noticed only when I was late.

Sorry to hear about your loss vanmaare

12 years ago

Hang in there Sunny! It may just be too early to tell. Maybe try to resist from testing for another week to be sure?

Went to the doctor and the urine test was neg. She wants to wait one more week of being late before doing a blood test. All of my symptoms disappeared too :(

She tried to be encouraging of course.

12 years ago

Hi Sunny,

My first urine test at the doctor was also negative because it was so early, but my blood test that same day came back positive!

Best wishes!!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo