Community post

Discussion

Ovarian Drilling for PCOS

Has anyone had ovarian drilling done? Did it work?

5 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

I've been wondering about this too! I think it may be the next step I ask about at the RE. Would love to hear about any experiences with it.

11 years ago

I had a laproscopy and ovarian drilling on 3/23/12. They found and removed endometrios for the 2nd time. I had some spotting the day of my surgery and counted that as cycle day 1, on cycle day 17 I ovulated!! It was the first time I ovulated without hormones in over 2 years :) I got my very first BFP on 4/20/12. Sadly my hcg levels started to drop the following week and I had a miscarriage a week later. I'm still hopeful that the ovarian drilling worked and I will continue to ovulate on my own.

11 years ago • Post starter

Did either of you try metformin? I had my CD 3 labs today and have my follow up appt Wednesday. I already had an ultrasound that showed PCOS. I hope something works for me.

11 years ago

I have been on metformin for a year now...not really sure if it's helping or not, but my DR wants me to stay on it.

11 years ago • Post starter

I have been on metformin since January. I tried it last year for about 2 weeks with disasterous results but gave it another go. So far I have had all natural cycles while being on it (when I used to have to use Provera to start my cycles), my average cycle length went from 55 to 35 days and I have lost 14 lbs. I call it a half success... personally it's helping me a lot but still no baby so fail there. I still don't think I'm ovulating regularly or one/both of my tubes are blocked. I'll be going in for CD3 testing on tuesday (as AF showed up today) and hopefully I will get results from DH's sperm analysis from last week.

Hope885: So sorry to hear of your loss, but glad that you have had success after drilling. I hope you get another BFP real soon!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo