Community post

Discussion

weight loss and PCOS

Hi everyone, just a quickie before bed ;) i was just wondering if anyone has been lucky enough to be successful in finding a diet that works while having PCOS?? x

User Image

4 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

hi there,
i have PCOS...low carb which includes no white flour, and natural or unnatural sugar and a high protein diet thats the way the weight melts off quickly and effectively.. and i began ovulating every month naturally. hope that helps :)

12 years ago

you star! ive tried ww, laxatives, being sick, 300 cals a day but nothing, im now thinking after a bit of research online high protein, but wanted to hear someone say that it worked for them and not just read all these 'statistics' kinda thing. i dislike veg alot! i hate the taste and texture of it so im thiking frozen veg is ok right? cook it up, spice it up somehow and blend it into soups, close my eyes and down it lol for lunch, it will beat beans on white bread etc. and then for dinners im thinking meats and carrots or meats and 'soups', bacon and eggs, tuna omelettes etc, ill still need a small amount of dairy but ill try and keep it to a minumum like just on my omelette etc and ill start drinking green tea again. ive never done a high protein diet, so im hoping my body will be able to break down these a little easier. What other things do you eat if you dont mind me asking hun? i have about 3 stone to lose, ideally it doesnt matter how long it takes BUT i saw my GP last week and he is referring me back to hospital for clomid but i know going in the there weighing 12stone 7 and standing 5ft4 tall, he will tell me to get out with my obese BMI, so if i could lose a little before then that would be good. thank you hun, you've made my night! x

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

I too am a sufferer and found that the GIs diet is a better low carb diet. The weight falls off quickly. Ovulation is easier to deal with after the first month.
Hope this helps

12 years ago

The south beach diet has worked for me it's pretty easy to follow and stick to

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo