Community post

Discussion

Our Funny Valentine

Ladies coming over from the New Years Kickoff!

253 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 253 Replies | Last Page

Found you! Yay! And GREAT news about your DH!

Have fun! ;)

12 years ago

HEY!!!! I found you!!!!

Ok so I wanna make a list to get everyone's names from the old forum!!!

Chazzy - Chantel
Lobe1026 - Loren
Knicole27 - Kristin
Jess71311 - Jessica
Btrflyluv - Lauren
Mommybandy - Lynalice (lin uh leece)
AshleyNicole20 - Ashley :)

I'm sorry I can't remember what all was said from everyone so I just wish everyone , and for the prego's !!!

Ok, My name is Ashley. I am 22, I will be 23 in April. I live in Utah. I am a CNA at an Assisted Living, I have worked there for 5 years in May. I finished schooling for Medical Assisting in December. I am currently looking for a new job!! :) My DH and I got together in 2007, we moved in, bought a house, had our DS and got married. (yes in that order!!!) We will celebrate our 2nd anniversary in May!!! We started TTC in July (well I removed my IUD in July) I started monitoring my temps ect. in December and that's where you guys came in!!! Thats a little (Lot) about me!!!

12 years ago

Hi, Loren! I hope you were ready to go when DH was out of the shower. I have a friend that lives in California. I so hope to visit her one day.

Hi Kristin! I LOVE Washington state! So much to see and do and close to Canada (somewhere I've always dreamed of visiting). DH and I were planning a trip to America not long ago and it included a train through to Washington from California. Stopping at Seattle and then branching out from there, take a couple of days to drive around (see Mt Rainier of course), then POSSIBLY boat it to Canada. This trip's been postponed though due to all the crap the last year has thrown at us. I love creative writing and photography too!
OMG! You applied for Bachelor and they said they'd prefer you on Survivor!? Strange! And I LOVE your answer LMAO!

Hi, Jessica! Congrats on your semi recent wedding. Any plans for your first anniversary?

DH and I almost forgot ours LOL it was in September last year and we were too busy with other stuff, thankfully we managed to get a table at a nice restaurant and find a sitter.

Fingers crossed for you TWW xx

Hi, Lauren! 13 years? WOW! My sister married her high school sweetheart, too. Though they went to different schools they met at some party and were inseparable, just about, from that day forward. YAY another lover of Indian food! Mexican seems so big over in the USA, it's only just kind of coming into the bigger cities of Australia with taco places popping up, but we don't eat a lot of it here at all.
What sort of cat is she? What's her name?

Hi, Lynalice. I read it as Lyn-uh-leece first go! Go me! What a beautiful and unusual name! I love it!
You seem to have done so much traveling and i'll tell you again, I'm very jealous! Do you speak Italian? How long are you guys over there for?
OMG! WOOHOO!!! I feel this may be it for you! Good luck with the McLuvin'!

My body is being strange. Cervix is pointing down, soft, closed and still HEAPS of CM but it's changed to being more watery, yet still nowhere near EWCM consistency and OPK's are very negative. Maybe it's just building up to O day, I don't know.
What I can't get over is how low my temps are. Anyone else run on a really low temp before ovulation?

A question to the pregnant ladies: Are you going to find out the sex of your baby? And has anyone got a list of names yet? I love hearing peoples ideas for names.

My new motto User Image

12 years ago

I'm so glad I found you guys!! I've been laying really low since our failed cycle last month..I've just had a little bit of depression..We are almost 8mos. into TTC#2 and I just hoped that it wouldn't take as long as last time..Yeah. Woe is me. I had a the first, perfect, 28 day cycle in my life last time & I think I am going to ovulate this week. So far, my OPK's have been negative, but Im having some ovary pains tonight..We shall see if I stay "normal" or if my body reverts back to the super long cycles.

DH decided that we can try a medicated cycle in March or April, depending on our money situation. I have spoken to my RE about reaction to Femara, so for our next cycle I will use the (dreaded) Clomid. Hopefully, this month is the charm and we can skip drugs..Kind of like when we conceived DD.

Okay, I said all that to say this. Hi, I'm Mari Ann. I live in Indianapolis w/my DH, E. I'm 29 & he's 26. Yep, I'm a cougar =) I'm a certified medical assistant & he is a state trooper. We met in May 2007, married in Oct. 2008, started TTC..on our wedding night and have had 6 miscarriages between Dec. 08 & July 11. Our wonderful, amazing, miracle baby girl was born on Jan. 27, 2011, 5 weeks premature. Now, she is our amazing, into everything, showing no signs of prematurity, toddler.

We dediced to start NTNP for #2 when she was 6mos. old. Low & behold a BFP in July & a following miscarriage. Since then, no luck. We have an amazing RE & right now, we are trying naturally because DH wants to be REALLY ready for baby #2.

This place has been such a lifesaver. You all are wonderful. I'm sorry I'm not doing personals, but I will get better at it. I am reading & following along. I'm hopeful for a birthday month baby (my bday is November 18th). Baby dust to us all!!!

EJ & MJ: Est. 10/04/08 7 Angel Babies Lucky # 6: Lulu-Bean 01/27/11 Here we go again..Currently TTC#2... User Image

12 years ago

Oh here we are! uhmm I can't remember what everyone said from the last thread but.. HI :) *waves*

ohhh Lynalice! your a doula! I love doulas..lol I plan to have one present at my birth! any tips in what I should look for or ask to find a good one?!?

Chantal- I love it here! I was born and raised here. We have to move to colorado though because that is where my husband is being stationed next..I am going to miss it so much but I have heard amazing things about CO too.. but I will def. miss the ocean!!! ohhh I live like 100 miles from Mt. Rainier. It's beautiful but also freaking scary I am always talking to it.. "please don't blow today..thank you" lol. I am going to miss it here though... anddd yes we are gonna find out the sex of the baby. My husband wants a boy so bad that we have had a name picked out for a boy for quite some time. His name will be Liam Michael as far as a girl.. we CANNOT agree on ANYTHING. We finally agreed on the name Morgan.. and I liked Morgan Elizabeth but then her initials would be MEH.. which ok.. I understand but he offers me no alternatives for middle names!!! or any other names for that matter. He liked Mia but spelled Meah.. but then I looked up Mia meant bitter or uncertain.. something like that.. So girls names.. ehhh... idk. haha.

User Image

12 years ago

12 years ago

P.S. Kristen - I love the names you have! Very cute :)

12 years ago

I LOVE spider solitaire. Also, I have a mate and his name is Ocean only it's spelled Oshen. His non identical twin brother's name is Fern, but they went by their middle names during school as they were a bit more practical, however we always called them by their first names. The weirder the name, the cooler you were at my school. Other boys at our school that were popular: Arti (Arthur) Leo (Leonardo) Oshen, Fern, Willow, Tobias, and Sinners (Sinclair) All unusual and some old fashioned.

Oshen and Fern had an older brother, Willow, two younger sisters Destiny and Rainbow (or something like that) then their parents had a boy later in life (Menopause baby) and his name is....John. LOL. The boys would joke that their parents must have stopped smoking pot by the time John was born.

I LOVE unusual and hippy names. I can't wait to see what you name ya bub, Lauren. I hope we get to find out what you're having, too. I have had so many friends not tell people what they're having and, I gotta admit, it frustrates the hell out of me LOL

Ashley, you're amazing. The job you do? It truly does take someone special and I truly appreciate what you guys do.
The way you did things in life is much like me and DH.

When we met, he still lived with his parents but would spend most nights at my place (a beach shack I was renting off a close friend) so I told him he either moved in and started paying the bills or he spend less time at mine. Surprisingly, after barely 3 months together, he moved in with me and the same month we bought a puppy. I was half way through building a house at the time so he bought into half that house a year later. We moved in, another year later (while on holidays at my parents for my brother's 21st ) accidentally fell pregnant with DD and, three months after she was born, on my 28th birthday, he proposed with DD in his arms, screaming like a banshee. LOL. It was so funny. It was a cold night and he'd booked a table at our favourite restaurant. Despite the weather, he was sweating like crazy!! I had an inkling it was happening because an hour before he popped the question he had gotten a msg on his phone, I read it and afterward's his call history came up, not sure why....there was a call to my father a couple of days before. I msg'd a friend saying I think he's gonna propose tonight...sure enough, he did. It was awesome! Even if DD was crying at the time. He was so nervous, it was just so damn cute! As if I'd say no!!! He had already knocked me up!

Mari Ann, it's so good to see you back. I can understand feeling down and out. I've been there a couple of times this month and I'm only on my 4th cycle. I truly hope this is it for you! Please keep in touch. It's good to know you're still following us even if you're not posting. I still feel your support and I hope you feel ours, too.
So sorry for all you've been through on this journey and I hope you never have to suffer loss again x

Kristen, I live a five minute drive from the ocean and I have missed it so much while travelling with DH's job. I hope you guys enjoy CO while you're there. How long is he stationed for?
I like Morgan Elizabeth too. Don't worry too much about initials, most kids only go by their first and last anyway yeah?
If we have a little girl her middle name will be Elizabeth after DH's grandmother who passed a while ago.
DD's is Mae, which is a family tradition on my side, that skipped a few generations. My nanna was over the moon when I told her we were using it.
Maybe instead of Mia you could use the full form of Maria? Morgan Maria....might be a mouthfull, but it's pretty IMO. And Maria means star of the sea.

Time to get DD out of the shower and go get dinner...pizza! YUMMO! Too bad for my diet

My new motto User Image

12 years ago

Whew! where to start!!

Chantel I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!!

Mari Ann, I hear ya on the "once perfect" cycles going out the window after #1!! You could practically set your watch by my cycles before DS but now I'm all hilter skilter all over the place. The one thing I never am is late. I've been early before but I NEVER go over 29 days... Yay?

Kristin, Yep I'm a doula! I LOVE it with a passion! I think that it's a rare thing for someone to find something that they love enough to call it something other than a job... It's my calling. I do it for free. Now about finding the right doula, honestly, think about what you want for your birth write it down. Then, ask her what HER ideal birth is like. When a person finds the right doula, it jsut fits. Like the missing piece of a puzzle or the right wedding dress for a bride. You'll just know. Good luck!!

Lauren (I have a sister named Lauren) I totally hear ya on the hippie names VS. practical names... I wanted to name our DS Lukas but DH said it was "too European" so we stuck with Lucas. meh... I really like Meadow for a girl! Our girl name will be from our favorite movie combined with DH's mother's middle name. Yvaine Alise.

As for me... Don't hate me ladies... I put a sudden and halting stop to our TTC last night. I was reading up on my Army Wives TTC/Expecting Facebook page and someone mentioned flying home for thier birth... Well, apparently accroding to our military flight regulations pregnant women are not allowed on military flights past 29/30 weeks!!!!!! So now I'm freaking out because that's how I'm supposed to get back to the states in July for a friend's birth and then back to Italy for another friend's brith and THEN back to the states for my OWN birth!!! We definitely CANNOT afford for me to do all that traveling out of our own pocket! So, now, having BD Tuesday and Wednesday and getting a + OPK yesterday I'm kind of hoping that I'm NOT pregnant this month... ... I just don't know what to do! I'm sending AAAAAALLLLL of my to YOU ladies!

12 years ago • Post starter

Found out officially that it's 34 weeks. Soo... We might still be okay.

12 years ago • Post starter

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo