Community post

Discussion

Anyone 38 and higher trying to conceive again? :)

View Full Post

Looking to see if there are any ladies out there trying to conceive in the "older" (I can't believe I said that) years.... :) Any luck? Any challenges? Baby dust to all of you!!!

327 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

131 - 140 of 327 Replies | Last Page

hello girls,
just checking in been out of town all weekend. Well still no af and a BFN test this evening. Gotta call my doctor tomorrow to tell him no show. Guessi will get some sort of answers this week. I am so frustrated and sad with not knowing anything. But I am glad I have somewhere to vent and to hear others inthe same boat. I hope everyone had a good st. Pattys day. Btw I am cd 35 ad 20 dpo.

Donna J. User Image User Image

12 years ago

fingers crossed for you DMC!!

Well, I *think* I'm 1dpo & officially in the 2ww?? Ovulation sx were different this time and I HOPE I actually did ovulate!! I know some of my new supplements can delay it (maca & vitex) but that it should be a stronger/healthier egg when I do! gonna try to hit the disco 1 more time before I'm out of what CTP says is my fertile window this month.

Really praying this is our month. DH & I had always said we would stop trying after 42, I turn 42 on May 10th. Now we don't know. It's so hard to say when enough is enough!! I do know that when we do decide, I want SOMETHING in place that says it's absolutely not going to happen. I would like that to be a vasectomy and DH says he's willing but has never followed through. As usual, that stuff will probably be up to me of course. I get a little bitter that most of the responsibility and burden falls on us but I guess that's just how it's gonna be.

Anyway, on to waiting & obsessing!!!

Cheers to all the ladies of our "vintage"!!

Me: almost 42 (May) DH: 42 DD: soon to be 3 (also May!) Honeymoon baby conceived at 38, born at 39 08/11 mc 9.5 weeks. Lost heartbeat, growth stopped 7.5 weeks d&c 11weeks 02/12 chemical pg 4 weeks + 4 (surprise pg) 04/12 BFP!! EDD 12/09/12 PLEASE GOD! PRAISE GOD!! My cocktail:prenatal baby aspirin EPO cd1-O B-100 maca, vitex green tea Now: Prometrium 100mg, by mouth, 2x a day

12 years ago

Hello ladies!!

Just checking in... hope everyone is well!! Keeping my fingers crossed for a good number of BFPs this month from this thread!!!

User Image

12 years ago

dmc -- have u tried an HPT with FMU? how long are your cycles normally?

User Image

12 years ago

I'm just checking in myself. Super busy this week and, bad timing, am away from dh due to a little vacay with the kids who are out of school this week.

Hoping to test next week, 13dpo, in any case.

I'm feeling good about communication with dh and with my body. KMFX!

MM

MountainMama -- 47 year old mom of 3 (20yo DD, 17yo DD, 4.5yo DS) TTC #4

12 years ago

hello destinystarr,
yes this morning before i call the doctor i tested with fmu. and still bfn. so as far as cycles not sure been on bc for several years to stop periods and before that i was very regular. my doctor took a blood pg test and thats why i have to call tomorrow because if in deed i am not pg. he gave me 5 birthcontrol pills to induce period, which i find very confusing and leary to do? have you heard about that before. i also used clomid last month

12 years ago

Dmcj101,

We're all pulling for you. I hope everything untwists from ambiguity for you soon. KMFX!

MM

MountainMama -- 47 year old mom of 3 (20yo DD, 17yo DD, 4.5yo DS) TTC #4

12 years ago

Thanks mm
will let u girls know tomoreow what doc says.. ttfn

12 years ago

Good morning ladies,

I came across your group this morning... I am so glad I found you. I have been looking for a group of "older" TTCers for so long...

I am 42 (will be 43 in July)
DBF is 48
I have a beautiful son of almost 5, conceived naturally at 37 in a previous relationship.
This is our 11th cycle TTC. We already did two ICSI cycles at the end of last year, both were BFN.
My AMH has been taken three times: 1.4, 0.54 and lately 0.9 - so it's consistently low but still there.

I am on a serious concoction, which, most importantly, includes 75mg of DHEA since December, vitex, melatonin, omega 3, baby aspirin, l-arginine, inositol, b-complex, b6, folic acid, bee polllen, royal jelly...

I am currently on a natural cycle. I o'd early this cycle and AF is due on Friday. I am getting ready for our third ICSI attempt (but I am still praying that maybe, just maybe, we don't have to go through this again...).

I read through all your posts and I can feel your pain about chemicals, ectopics and M/Cs. I know that even if I get this coveted BFP that this is when the real emotional rollercoaster starts...

Hope to share my journey with you and hope to see lots of BFPs for good vibes and

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

12 years ago

Welcome Toronto!

Well, I think NOW I'm officially in the 2ww. I changed my date after some interesting sx. Coerced the DH into one last dance for the week. We were both exhausted, not really my fault..I told him I thought I ovulated late (via text) & that I'd like to hit the disco one more night, to which he was all for but he decided to have his buddy over. That's all fine & good but he didn't realize it couldn't wait really until this morning. I had resigned myself to "see what happens" with what we had already done, but we able to rev up for the team!! Tired today but worth it!! time to wait, stress and obsess

Me: almost 42 (May) DH: 42 DD: soon to be 3 (also May!) Honeymoon baby conceived at 38, born at 39 08/11 mc 9.5 weeks. Lost heartbeat, growth stopped 7.5 weeks d&c 11weeks 02/12 chemical pg 4 weeks + 4 (surprise pg) 04/12 BFP!! EDD 12/09/12 PLEASE GOD! PRAISE GOD!! My cocktail:prenatal baby aspirin EPO cd1-O B-100 maca, vitex green tea Now: Prometrium 100mg, by mouth, 2x a day

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo