Community post

Discussion

Anyone 38 and higher trying to conceive again? :)

View Full Post

Looking to see if there are any ladies out there trying to conceive in the "older" (I can't believe I said that) years.... :) Any luck? Any challenges? Baby dust to all of you!!!

327 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

111 - 120 of 327 Replies | Last Page

MM - Love the sentiments in your email! I think we get so carried away with focusing on making a baby during it all that we don't let the passion in! :)

I dreamed I had a beautiful baby boy last night...He was so perfect; swaddled nice and cozy in my arms. I just stared at him and it felt like the longest dream! And then...Before I knew it the dream took a twist! I was taking him to work with me and I kept forgeting he was there!! I was so panicked and rushing around looking for him... (Really??) When I finally found him, I looked down and he was a bunny. WTH?

Anyway, maybe I should buy a bunny. ;)

Happy Monday ladies!!

T

12 years ago • Post starter

Hello ladies!! Just wanted to pop on and say hi to everyone!

I'm still stalking!! Waiting to see some more BFPs from my 60s and 70s ladies!

MM -- you make an EXCELLENT point. All the months of the more calculated BDing, with not a lot of foreplay etc - nothing happened. The times that I was cognizant to put more effort into it, BOOM! Pregnant. First time, chemical. 2nd time, I'm still holding . I was more aroused, my husband was more aroused, and it really made a difference.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that a lot of healthy babies are born to everyone that touches this thread. We ALL deserve it!

User Image

12 years ago

Hoping to join you & hoping this thread doesn't fizzle out!!

me: almost 42 (May)
Dh: 42
Dd: almost 3 (also May)

Ttc #2, mc last Aug @ 10weeks, chemical/mc last month

My cocktail: prenatal (of course) EPO cd1-O, baby aspirin, B-100, maca, vitex, drinking decaf green tea all cycle & red raspberry tea just during AF (I just don't like it quite as much)

Please come back ladies!! I need to commiserate with some ladies of my (a-hem) vintage???

Me: almost 42 (May) DH: 42 DD: soon to be 3 (also May!) Honeymoon baby conceived at 38, born at 39 08/11 mc 9.5 weeks. Lost heartbeat, growth stopped 7.5 weeks d&c 11weeks 02/12 chemical pg 4 weeks + 4 (surprise pg) 04/12 BFP!! EDD 12/09/12 PLEASE GOD! PRAISE GOD!! My cocktail:prenatal baby aspirin EPO cd1-O B-100 maca, vitex green tea Now: Prometrium 100mg, by mouth, 2x a day

12 years ago

Well since all the good vibes are being sent around on this thread, I thought I'd get in on some of it.

Me - 38
DH - 42

TTC #1 for both.

Me - Low Reserve 0.82
DH - Low Sperm

New Rx - IVF with TESA and ICSI starting... well I dont know. Next consultation with RE on March 26th (or as soon as I can stalk out a new appt sooner).

We tried since Septmeber 2011 when my OB suggested fertility testing based on my fibroid issues. Come to find out hubby's boys werent showing up to play.

Its been an emotional year so far to say the least. I hope to end it with a baby (or two) in my arms and a huge smile on our faces. Im learning so much. And I'm glad to share what I pick up as long as you all do the same!

User Image

12 years ago

Im here!!!

Welcome aireising and ladyluck!!!!

I think the other ladies that frequent the thread may be busy ovulating and BDing LOL!

User Image

12 years ago

LOL

Yes, I am having a wonderful time keeping busy with dh the past week or so.

I feel like we are dating again.

Welcome to our newest members! I think we have more than enough good vibes, good thoughts and to share with you both!

Good luck on your journeys,
MM

MountainMama -- 47 year old mom of 3 (20yo DD, 17yo DD, 4.5yo DS) TTC #4

12 years ago

Hi 70's gals!!! :) I'm here too!

Welcome aireising and ladyluck!

I am 11dpo...temps starting to drop and well, do not feel pregnant - but I will test tomorrow though, with the hopes that two lines appear for this old body! ;)

Fingers crosseed, I'll see you all in the morning...

T

12 years ago • Post starter

oh yes me too!!!! i am a 42 years young hehe just kidding. well i had my tubes tied 21 years ago and had a tubal reversal on 12/30/11 . we got the go ahead last month to try to conceive. my dr. put me on clomid last month and i did not have any side effects. that was good. well still waiting on that BFP and i am only 1 day late. but not sure if i even ovulated. that bbt charting is crazy because i usually have to go really bad in the morning (sorry if tmi) not really sure how it works. i so believe that it was so easy in our younger years and why is it so hard now. guess i am in the same boat as you and i am very frustrated right now not knowing and took 2 hpt and they are BFN !!! bbs are sore and some cramping like oh no af is coming but no on that too. i havent had the test to test to check my tubes for blockage, guess will try that in 6 mos. anyway dr. gave me another dose of clomid. if you need to talk just let me know.

and that sticky bean

btw my name is donna

Donna J. User Image User Image

12 years ago

Hello ladies!! Great to meet all of you!! Not going to try to backtrack because I'm not thinking too clearly today. A really bad day yesterday turned into a very long night of no sleep! Now ewcm is starting to show (cd10) and I'm not really in any mood to dance .....gotta gear up for the team!!!

Me: almost 42 (May) DH: 42 DD: soon to be 3 (also May!) Honeymoon baby conceived at 38, born at 39 08/11 mc 9.5 weeks. Lost heartbeat, growth stopped 7.5 weeks d&c 11weeks 02/12 chemical pg 4 weeks + 4 (surprise pg) 04/12 BFP!! EDD 12/09/12 PLEASE GOD! PRAISE GOD!! My cocktail:prenatal baby aspirin EPO cd1-O B-100 maca, vitex green tea Now: Prometrium 100mg, by mouth, 2x a day

12 years ago

hello everyone here in "vintage land" just kidding...update to another hpt this morning and of course a BFN....seriously getting frustrated i am 32 dpo and 3 days late on af.. one thing is that if af doesnt come by cd 34 the doctor wants to see me so that means a call monday morning.. on the good side maybe some answers... and also this morning and afternoon felt not right and a little queasy????????

Donna J. User Image User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo