Community post

Discussion

Clearblue Fertility Monitor Effectiveness?

Hi Everyone:
I'm very new to OPK and tracking ovulation. This week will be my 3rd consecutive cycle TTC. I'm thinking about buying Clearblue Fertility Monitor. I have tried Assured Ovulation Detector which looks for LH only. So far I tested 3 times and got all negatives despite the presence of sticky CM. I tried on CD 8 and 9 (today twice). I will be 40 in a few months. Thanks for any advice.

8 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

I have the CBFM, it's really good, esp if ur new to the whole ttc scene. That being said, I would continue with the detector u have, until u know it doesn't work for u (save some money). From the sounds of it, u wouldn't have a surge at this point becuz of the sticky cm. Sticky cm isn't fertile cm. Generally, u'll have fertile cm (clear watery, clear slippery or raw egg white/stretchy texture), then ur opk's will start to darken and/or go positive. Definitely keep testing, twice a day if u can afford to. U could also hit up ebay or Amazon and pick up a ginormous bundle of opk's and use those instead. The CB is great, but the tests are very expensive and u could plow through 20 or more in one cycle. Plus, it only tests once a day, so if u have a surge, say, 2hrs after ur test, u won't know til u test again in 22hrs. That's 22 wasted hours that the egg could bust out and u not be ready. I'd def hold off for a bit.

Another thing u can do, is add bbt to the mix. It's pretty easy and is great confirmation for ovulation. Opk's only foresee a potential O, a surge doesn't mean u actually O'd tho. Lotsa fun, eh?! U have no idea lol! Ttc is crazy business!!

7 years ago

Oh okay so it's not until I have to wait until I have EWCM to actually get a positive on an OPK. Darn gonna have to get a lot more then. I got the ones that I have from a dollar store just to start out. I'd have to wait until next month to chart my BBT and or buy the CB monitor. For my daughter it was so easy getting pregnant. We weren't even trying. I just knew I was pregnant too. I got a BFP 11/11/14 Veterens Day. She was born July 2014. I hope I can convince hubby to buy the Clearblue though. Thanks for your response. It was helpful.

7 years ago • Post starter

i just want to share light on my experience about me giving birth to my first child after marriage, shout it loud, go out and reach others who have not heard of it was what got on my mind after i saw the result of my pregnancy test i did which was positive. mother iya basira is really doing a great works within and outside just try it and you will testify just as i am testifying now, i have this infection that lead to womb blockage and there was no hope at all the hospital i went said nothing but that there on hope for 4 years that i have waited no child then i came across mother iya basira recommended to me by my sister and she is a wonderful native herbalist who told me she can do it but i was scared because she was a lady but since i had no child i have to comply with how she will help with her powerful medicine and i carried my child in three weeks in contact with her and using her herbs, just try it and see your time to celebrate has come for women who seek permanent solution to their giving birth problem . you can reach mother iya her facebook page https://www.facebook.com/native.iyabasira and her email address is nativeiyabasira@yahoo.com

7 years ago

I'm using the Clearblue Advanced digital (four day fertility window). I used it on 3/19 and got a static smiley, BD that night, got the urge and tested again today, also static smiley...what's with the double LH surge? Anyone have the same happen? First time using OPKs since I just got off mirena on 3/6. Positive CD 6 and CD 11. Will BD tonight but could this mean I'm not ovulating this cycle??

7 years ago

HI kdeckermaynard, I just read the instructions for the CBAD test so I could answer your question but after reading them, I got so confused. Read the FAQ on for the digital OPK maybe you'll find the answer or call their customer hotline with your question. I hope you get your BFP this cycle.

My hubby ordered the Clearblue Fertility Monitor for me. I am so excited about that. Today (March 27) I am 2 DPO, if I am not pregnant this cycle I will try out the monitor around April 10 - 11 to better pinpoint my fertile days. Who hoo!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo