Community post

Discussion

Ttc in 2017

View Full Post

Happy New Year everyone.
Been trying to find all the regulars from the 2016 thread but can't find anyone so thought I'd update in the hope some would drop in for a chat.
Welcome to anyone ttc in 2017, this is going to be the year of for everyone! I look forward to celebrating with each of you xx

394 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

51 - 60 of 394 Replies | Last Page

Welcome Tonya and Ineist!

Ineist our ages are switched. I am 41 and my dh is 38.

Amarah there is always hope until AF arrives.

Tonya it does sound like an implantation bleed.

Shazza no stupid questions here! The baking soda cleanse is when you cleanse your vagina with water and baking soda to make the environment less acidic which helps the sperm. I've heard some women create a douche, some put a tsp in a cup of water and rinse the area I am presuming with a q-tip and then a lot of women dip their finger in water or preseed then dip the tip of the finger in baking soda and insert into the vagina until the soda dissolves.

This helped Kerzie get her BFP so I am giving it a try. I read you should do it an hour before you dtd. Hearts of

7 years ago

10 dpo today, took a test yesterday that looked clearly neg but had a slight line in invert, took one this morning and u can see a vvvvf line but it's really good in invert. I really hope we get our bfp. I woke up with leg cramps and yesterday i woke up with left underarm pain. Crampy on the right side here and there . Ugh the 2 week wait sucks. I'm supposed to start Wednesday.

7 years ago

I've never heard of the baking soda cleanse. Maybe I'll have to try that! AF is supposed to be tomorrow and I'm fairly regular so ....praying she doesn't show. Not feeling overly pregnant today... kind of feel like I'm out. I didn't test today, will test on Monday or Tuesday if she doesn't come.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend !

User image

7 years ago

Just thought I would say hello. I don't really know anyone on here but, I've been a member since 2014. I got pregnant at 40 naturally and gave birth to my son in August of 2015. I'll be turning 43 in April and my husband who is younger wants our son to have a sibling...So here I am. Looking to just chat and get to know other women out there 40+ ttc

7 years ago

Shazza. I'm so sorry for your loss and I hope yesterday went as well as these things can Are you okay? How are the back pains? Might be worth poas..... With the baking soda I put a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in a mug of tepid water, I used pre boiled water to avoid germs. I dipped my finger in and wiped over my cervix a few times, it gently cleans the area and makes it more ph friendly for the sperm (apparently). A lot of women douche with the water but I didn't want to mess my 'good' bacteria. It was the only cycle I tried it and got my bfp.

Calvin. Yay!!! It's the same with everything, if someone tells you no then you want it more This next cycle will be one big fun fest for you! It always feels weird when I'm cheering on someone's af

Mozart. That's great news, praying it keeps up and makes a lovely bed for your sleeping beauty. I get my anomaly scan on the 30th so will keep everything crossed for your transfer, you are going to make a wonderful mummy!!!

Ineist. Hi and welcome I got married late in life too and had my first at 38 so I understand the urgency you feel. You are doing everything right so try go easy on yourself, it will get easier emotionally and it will happen. Like most worthwhile things it takes time which is probably the hardest thing to accept. Wishing you a speedy journey!

7 years ago • Post starter

Tonya. Hi and welcome Once implantation has successfully occurred your hcg levels will start to rise and you can get a bfp as early as two days after implantation. When you come off birth control it can take a while before you will know what a normal cycle for you will look like. If af hasn't come today then go poas, you could be super lucky and fall pregnant straight away. Good luck

Amarah. If you implanted late then it might not get a result yet but if at doesn't show today then I'd poas in the morning. If you 'feel' pregnant then maybe get a different brand of test. I tried a handful of tests that all claimed to be 10mlu but not all showed a result with the same urine sample. Good luck

39. I had two short cycles with hardly any bleeding before my bfp. I was taking vitex and Macca root all cycle (except af) so I'm not sure if that was to blame but then on the third cycle I stopped taking them at ovulation, used the bicarb and got my bfp. Hoping your short cycle leads up to your bfp too!!!

Woozle. Try a CB digital with weeks, it picked up my bfp at 11dpo and some of my so called 10mlu tests looked blank. How exciting! Wishing you so much luck

Jc. Hi and welcome I had my ds at 38 and just like you wanted my son to have a sibling, it just took me a few years to realise it. I'm 44 and 20wks pregnant so it does happen. It was a long journey for me but I have other health problems that didn't help. I hope you get your bfp soon, the ladies on here kept me going when I lost hope for myself. There are amazing ladies on here that have such a wealth of knowledge, support and kindness. Where are you in your cycle?

7 years ago • Post starter

Kerzie, thanks so much I am not doing to bad atm. The back pain has eased a good bit. My boobs are soo sore tho. I done a test today and wasn't 100% sure on it so posted it in the pregnancy test gallery one person said postive and another said Evap so I am not any clearer lol. But it's still early days I guess af is due on fri.

7 years ago

Now I'm crampy on left side!!! Wish it would make up its mind. It's not bad cramps or af cramps. Boobs are not sore but they are definitely heavy and bigger. I don't recall having sore boobs with last baby. I feel hungry all the time but when I go to eat a few bites make me feel like I over ate or wanna throw up. Hubby is nauseous today so he has stayed in bed, I was kidding with him telling him he was having my morning sickness and he said I could keep it(big baby) lol. My 2 year old is clingy and cries like a baby baby and started crawling again instead of walking.... seems weird. I haven't tested today gonna wait til tomorrow. Af is due Wednesday. I'm not trying to get my hopes up because I seem to symptom spot which is bad for me lol.

Kerzie I'm glad to hear you finally fell preggers. I knew it would happen for you!

Shazam I didn't see your test, did you post it to this site?

7 years ago

Hi woozle yeah I did but didn't post my name. I think it's neg though and most ppl that have voted on it say it meg too.

7 years ago

Oh. Maybe I can find it. When did u post and what kind of test

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo