Community post

Discussion

I'm 40+ and 1-DPO Need support

Looking for some much needed support from 40+ first time TTC ladies out there.

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gif

63 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 63 Replies | Last Page

I am 33 with 4 children. I was a young mother. Now as an adult, my husband and I are having trouble conceiving. I am 5DPO. I am praying all goes well. Although I am not 40 or a first time mother, I can be a great support for you in addition to others. I hope thing works out.

OUR LAST GO AROUND! WE HAVE 3GIRLS/17,15, & 8YRS OLD, AND 1 BOY/14YRS OLD. WE WANT A . SEND YOUR OUR WAY!

7 years ago

Thank you for your support! I feel I'm in minority on those blogs hence I was so specific! :) We have been TTC for a few months. DH had a vasectomy Reversal in July and his numbers are finally up and normal. Hoping we nailed it this cycle.

7 years ago • Post starter

Hi! I'm a few days behind you but am on CD2. I am 41 and ttc. I really thought this last cycle was it but I guess I was wrong.

7 years ago

Hey Tara3711 - Nice to see another girl 40's in TTC mode! I am 6DPO today. I had the same thing happen to me last cycle. My husband got his vasectomy reversal in July. His sperm analysis results came out really good just around the same time we were trying last cycle and so we thought we probably nailed it! But alas no. So hoping we get it done this cycle. Is this your first one? It is first one for me. Thank you for your support and baby dust to everyone!

I am 40 and ttc #3. We have 3 children but none together. So we are trying for one child together. Its been about 3 cycles now, but this one is messing with me, I have had days of almost positive opks, but lots of physical signs I o'd. I had IUD removal early October and chemical pregnancy in November. Had a normal period finally in December and now just waited to confirm o. Good luck to you and your husband.

7 years ago

Hello. 37 here and try #1. Be 38 soon and DH is 41. We are 10dpo this cycle and got a bfn. The age thing scares me. A friend is 43. Had first at 41 and has had nothing but issues. It's good to have people for support during this exciting and scary, joyful yet anxious time.

7 years ago

Lovely to see you all you ladies in the support group! Yes age thing does scare me too hence I started the thread thinking that others must be same shoes as I am. What kind of issues your friend is experiencing? I'm just curious. Did she have trouble getting pregnant?

I am 6dpo (not CD 6 as I said earlier by mistake! !) and hoping to get news at 14dpo. Every cycle I get so nervous around the time I'm expecting AF. It is getting worse every cycle. My nerves get the best of me! My cycles are pretty stable. Been using OPKs and Clear Blue Fertility Monitor since last cycle and able to pin point the Ovulation Day. My luteal phase stays at 14 days so if I know when I ovulated I know AF will arrive exactly on 14th day. So I don't even bother doing a PT and just wait for AF to not arrive! And so far she has not missed the mark. Plus in first few cycles I got trapped in the "spot symptom nightmare" that I have been able to avoid this cycle. Just keeping busy and not think about if my boobs being sore and or am I having cramps on right pelvic side! UGH!

Thank you again for all the support ladies. Would love to hear what kind of ovulation tests everyone is using.

Hello! So I haven't used any ovulation testing products yet. I do my BBT every morning. I have to do it in the bathroom instead of in bed as my DH works nights and don't want to disturb him. That is amazingly a good direction of when to expect AF and to know when ovulation has occurred. I haven't done it long enough to know if there is a pattern. I'll know more next month to have a few months comparison. My cycles aren't consistent. And the length of AF is so variable. I did just buy some Clear Blue Ovulation testers though to try that next month. I guess if I need to which I'm hoping not, but... I tested yesterday and got a BFN. I know it was early, at 9dpo, but the nerves are killing me also. It's so difficult and I'm not sure if I should discuss that with my DH or not. We are newly married and I"m still figuring it all out. Another thing that worries me is can we even have children. We don't know. We haven't been trying long enough to know if there is a problem and we should go in. Ever since we got married and trying right away, it has totally consumed me with really wanting to get pregnant.

My friend has not had troubles ttc. Their first was a miscarriage but now two in two years. 11 months apart. YIKES :) . But each during pregnancy has been an issue. Just kicking her but physically. There are some health issues of babies also. This one she is due in a month has heart issues, the first baby was something much more minor but still issues. They call her a geriatric mother because of being over 35 which I think is crazy. She is 43 and it has about done her in. IT makes me very nervous.

7 years ago

Hi ladies! I have one daughter who is 9. In 2005 I had an early miscarriage and the got pregnant the next month but ended up losing him at 37 weeks while I was in labor, I then got pregnant with my daughter four moths later and I delivered her at 36 weeks. I had another early miscarriage last May 2015 while I was on the pill. Ever since last May we have tried a little but not actively trying until this September. I am using the ovulation tests and my cycle seems to be around 28 to 29 days so I'm fortunate that my cycles are regular and I am still ovulating every month. My dh is 45 and soon to be 46 next month so feel like the pressure is on because of his age and mine. We do not have a child together and would really like one especially since the miscarriage last year. Plus, I would love to give my daughter a living sibling.

7 years ago

Hey lneist001 - I haven't been doing BBT. Not sure I'd be very good at it. CLBM and OPKs are enough to overwhelm me! They do say that BBTs are better at pin-pointing the exact OV day. And yes I know it pretty much kills you to not know. One thing is that I don't tell my DH hence I am here talking to you ladies! He can tell by my state of mind that I'm struggling but I usually don't say it out loud. I did get tested before we decided to get DH's Vasectomy reversed. My OB/GYN did some blood work (FSH etc.) on me to determine if I was still viable given I'm 42 and never been pregnant before. Once we knew I was still viable, then we got DH's VR done. And now I do get peaks on CLBM every month and have been getting for past few months. So just keeping my fingers crossed that it'll happen soon. Your friend's story worries me but my OB/GYN already told me the risks involved and I'm just taking my chance. I wish we weren't just born with fixed number of eggs. I wish we could produce more eggs throughout our lifetime just like men produce sperms! Oh well!

and

Hey Tara3711: So sorry to hear your story. Hang in there! My cycles are same as yours. 28-29 days. My DH is 44. And has 2 kids from previous relationships. We just want to have one of our own before it is too late for the both of us.

Happy Holidays to everyone! Hopefully the Christmas cheer will bless us all!

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo