Community post

Discussion

When to get pregnant after D & C...

I had a miscarriage in December and had a D&C on December 12th. I just got my first cycle and my doc says we should wait for 2 cycles before trying again. Has anyone gotten pregnant after the 1st cycle and had a successful pregnancy? Is there a medical reason why I need to wait for 2 cycles? Desperate for any advice...tough decision to make. I don't want to miscarry again but I'm not totally convinced that waiting 2 cycles would prevent that either....thoughts???

2 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

when i m/c in June 2011, i had a D&C in July, my OB told me to wait two cycles also. someone else posted that there was no reason to wait 2 cycles only that the dr thinks the woman might need some time to emotionally deal with the m/c.

i say go with what you feel. if you are ready to be intimate with your DH, then do it. I was not ready after 2 cycles.

12 years ago

Sorry for your loss, i myself have had 5 losses . When I had my d &c in aug 2010 our dr explained to us the need to wait 6 weeks for my uterus to heal from being scrapped and than for the uterine lining to grow in thick, as if you try and get pregnant while its thin the baby doesn't have the best environment to grow in.
Again im very sorry for your loss, take care

Sarah praying for a and healthy baby .

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo