Community post

Discussion

Continue new thread from previous. Cycle buddys

View Full Post

My last thread got lengthy and am affraid it will lock out at 15 pages( that its on) according to admin. Calling out my last cycle buddies as well as new ones. Most of are waiting to O

4483 Replies Closed • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

2801 - 2810 of 4483 Replies | Last Page

After telling him I didn't ovulate this cycle he suggested to do an ultrasound and posible trigger. But as our conversations went on he talked himself out of it. He said it would more than likely be a waste of 500 bucks. That I wasnt prepared to oay for today. So he left it up to me and I declined. Only bc we were getting pressed for time by that point. My step mil had to work today.

7 years ago • Post starter

After telling him I didn't ovulate this cycle he suggested to do an ultrasound and posible trigger. But as our conversations went on he talked himself out of it. He said it would more than likely be a waste of 500 bucks. That I wasnt prepared to oay for today. So he left it up to me and I declined. Only bc we were getting pressed for time by that point. My step mil had to work today.

Dandy it sounds like all in all it went pretty well today. The % he gave you sounds pretty good. What protocol are you going to be on? I was on the highest doses as well but sometimes I see that women respond better with lower doses.
Today my doc told me he would give me less than 10% chance with my eggs if I did another IVF with them :-( He said if we hadn't done IVF and just went by #s and the way my ovaries look he said he wouldn't understand why I'm not getting pregnant, but since they were able to assess the eggs he said they wrote the cyctoplasm is dark and misshapen. I need to be smart here and just give myself the best chance and go with donor. Once I get the money Ill be ready to proceed. I did feel better after speaking with my doc and the donor nurse. Part of me keeps wondering if we did a different protocol if I would get better quality eggs but I just think its too much money to risk. After I get baby #1 I might give it another try with my eggs :-)

7 years ago

I dont blame you Lucky. He didn't give me much numbers. But he said a high dose of lupron then we add fsh after a few days then the one you take that starts with an M. menopur? I know he said I will be on a high dose of lupron first then we back off a little just to keep me from ovulating untill we retrieve.
Does that give you an idea of my protocal?
Oh he did say something about fsh bloodwork on day one to make sure we are at a baseline to start injectables. It was so much to take in. Lol

Dandy and lucky,

Sounds like you both are on the right track to get those bfp's. I can't wait to see you get them.

Lucky : how long do you think that it might take you to gather the funds for donor egg ivf? Are you planning on financial assistance /loans?

Dandy: so the countdown begins. Two cycles away from your bfp! Unless of course you get that bfp before your ivf cycle.

7 years ago

Dandy it's sounds like you will be on the long lupron protocol. I did the microdose lupron protocol. The follistim/gonal f is easy to do and the menopur burns lol. Sounds like you are on the right path to get that bfp :-)
Cronins did you start your meds yet and will you be able to trigger? Are you doing IUI this cycle?

AFM, I would like to be able to gather the funds by mid may, just not sure if it's possible. I used loans for the last Ivf so not sure if will be able to get anymore but it doesn't hurt to try. I'm just praying this will happen. I read something that said the carrier of the baby will have an influence on the expression of the genes of the child and that even if the child is not a mirror image of the parent it will take on some of the parents characteristics. This all makes me feel better as well :-)

7 years ago

Oh my goodness ladies my mind is driving me crazy lol. Do you all think I should get a second opinion, or forget about things and just move on with the egg donor. I absolutely love my doctor, he's personal and has great bedside manner, and he didn't even charge me the $500 for the test today. Sometimes I just wonder if there is something different that can be done. But then here is the other part of my brain saying you definitely can't afford to try another IVF with your eggs and if it fails then try donor lol. Ladies please help ease my mind and tell me what you would do. Think of it as if you don't have your own biological children (which I know is probably hard to do). I'm just going crazy second guessing everything, this is so hard to do by yourself, what the hell was I thinking lol.

7 years ago

Oh Lucky I wish I could tell you what to do. I can see why you would be thinking of a second opinion but honestly I would stay with this dr. You have a lot of time invested in him. Maybe you could try donor eggs on the next one and a couple years later for baby #2 you will be caught up on those loans and can give your eggs another shot. Maybe by then someone will come up with a solution for ppl like us. I can remember before my lo, preparing for ivf the first time, my RE mentioned if the first one failed we may have to consider donor eggs. I can remember wanting to at least try mine first. Maybe it doesn't bother as much now bc lo looks and acts exactly like this dad. I cant see myself in him anyway. Lol pray on it my friend. He will guide you.

Lucky : I would stay with this doctor too. You can always try with your eggs after when money is not so tight. Get those baby/babies first. At least that's what I would do. Think of it as a huge investment. Once the initial investment is made, then expand your horizonsite and go for your eggs. Hope that makes sense lol. Hugs dear friend. One of these days we'll have to meet up after our babies are born . That would be totally awesome!

As for me, I am starting meds tomorrow night. No trigger this time. I am going to let nature take its course from here on out. I plan on ordering more hcg triggers in May, when funds are more available. With this past surgery and trip to Las Vegas, it maxed me out in funds lol. All for a good reason though. No iui either, I plan on letting the weight come off and seeing what happens first.

7 years ago

Sounds like a good plan Cronins. I was considering buying clomid and triggers like you do if this ivf fails. I just dont know if I can totally give up like we decided. I will cross that bridge when/ if it comes.
I agree we should all definitely meet up after we have the babies. After all we have been theough together, we have to meet. : )

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo