Community post

Discussion

November 2014 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

Tcc with IVF or IUI :)

116 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

71 - 80 of 116 Replies | Last Page

Unfortunately I am still waiting for my DH's blood results to come back so we can talk to the insurance company. We might have to file an appeal to their decision. Not sure how long that takes, but won't be starting anything before January at the earliest. But I will be here rooting you guys on!

9 years ago

Nothing for me this month or next. I've had a cold all week and we didn't even try this month because when I'm sick I have no energy to even try and . In January we're going to start clomid with IUI. My RE said it has better success for couples with "unexplained infertility" than femera/ letrozol with IUI. Insurance won't cover IVF so we'll have to look at that option in March / April if the 3 IUIs don't work.

On a happy note... My sweet brother called me this morning to break the news to me that his wife and him are expecting their 3rd baby. Feel like I'm in a good place. Overjoyed for them. He wanted to make sure that he didn't hurt my feelings and have the conversation with me before they announced it to the rest of the family at Thanksgiving. Very sweet of him.

Me: 30 DH: 33 TTC since June, 2012 "unexplained infertility" Femera & Ovidrel trigger shot Feb. 2014, March 2014, April 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - May 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - June 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - October 2014

9 years ago

I need some uplifting stories ladies :) For those who are visiting us or part of the forum : how many IUIs / IVFs took you to get pregnant either with your first baby or second, or third? or anybody else who knows people who did IUIs and IVFs - do you know any uplifting stories?

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

Basia30, I know a couple who got pregnant on their 6th IUI cycle. They were finally at the point where they were ready to switch to IVF and Bam! My best friend also had unexplained infertility and they did IVF with ICSI and it worked.
My IUI #2 has officially failed but I'm all set up for #3 this month now and we are also near the top of the IVF waitlist now that I have all of my prescreening requirements done. If IUI #3 fails I feel better knowing I can start IVF as soon as my 2 month break from clomid is over. For me, the small amount of sanity I have left comes from having a plan.

9 years ago

Basia30, I got pregnant with my 6th IUI. I was considering IVF, but my insurance covers 50% of IUI costs (procedure and meds) and nothing for IVF (procedure or meds). I had lots of weird issues with the meds and ovulating WAY too early. Once they finally figured out how to control my ovulation timing then I got pregnant. It just took them a long time to figure that out. I probably would have stuck with IUIs until the ovulations timing/meds were figured out anyway, just because I wouldn't have wanted to pay full price for meds and still have gotten wacky timing results. I'm still following you gals and rooting for all of you. Good luck to everyone!! I hope you get that BFP very very soon.

This is my third pregnancy, but will be my second baby. The first two were conceived without assistance. First was super easy, second took 4 months of trying. We tried without assistance for another 6 months and then started IUIs. My first IUI was Oct 1, 2013 and my last was June 26, 2014.

Dont give up hope. Good luck ladies!

9 years ago

Hi Txkadams: Congratulations on your pregnancy. I was wondering in what meds were u on while doing IUI. And what were you issues related to early ovulation? I am on clomid and IUI. My first cycle I think I ovulated early they did catch it on time supposedly for the IUI, but I had a >30mm follicle and I was wondering if that was your case, that your follicles were too big at the time they did the IUI and that's why it wasn't working.

As of right now I am on my 2nd day of clomid and I have been and emotional train wreck the whole day... Is this normal? It feels like when you are sensitive with AF but a bit worse.

9 years ago

Hi ma_espe, I started on Clomid (50mg), probably did that for 2 cycles, but it was making my lining thin (which it's already kind of thin). Switched to Femera for one cycle, then injectables for the rest. They always triggered me, never let me ovulate on my own. Not that I didn't ovulate, they just like to make sure of the timing and make sure all the follicles ovulate, so they trigger everyone. But my follicles would would develop really quickly. I'd have 18-22mm follicles by cycle day 7-9, when it is more normal to have that size by cycle day 13-14. My RE docs try to aim the IUI timing for when the eggs are 20-24mm, they consider that ideal. They would try to trigger me at 18-20mm and then do the IUI 36 hours after the trigger. To slow down my growth they tried several drug regimens, but the one that worked was taking BC pills and lupron (10 units) for 10 days, then switch to lupron only for 3 days (5 units half dose), then add menopur for 9-10 days (I think 9-10 days, until follicles were the correct size as measured via US). Triggered when the follicles were about 17-18mm and by IUI time they should have been 19.5-21mm. I think my IUI was was on CD13. In previous fast cycles my IUI was on CD 9 or 10, so CD 13 was great for me.

If you are developing fast I'd ask them to do the US sooner than they normally would, meaning after less days of stims. And aim for a trigger and IUI at the larger end of the ideal follicle size range (so aim for IUI at 24mm). If you continue to develop fast you can get them to try suppressants with your stims (they call them agonists or antagonists). Agonists increase and then suppress follicle growth (to try and get as many started as possible) and antagonists just suppress. I tried them both, but the antagonist is the protocol that worked for me. It's a common IVF protocol (though obviously you can do an IUI instead), google lupron suppression protocol or long lupron suppression or lupron down regulation. Lupron isn't the only antagonist, but is the most common. The bummer with this protocol is that it takes longer because you have to be on BC pills for 10 days before you even start stims, but if it helps to normalize follicle growth then it's worth it.

Wishing you so much good luck!!

9 years ago

Thank you girls for sharing :)
Hopefully all of us can join those success stories in the next few months :)
My plan for the next few months is:
December 15th - Laparoscopy and hysteroscopy
then IUI whenever Dr tells me that my body healed and I am good to go :)
if that fails we will be moving to IVF

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

Sending all you ladies baby dust! I have been checking in to see how everyone is doing and have hope that everyone will get their BFP soon! We got pregnant on our fourth IUI after a miscarriage conceived naturally. We thought we would move onto IVF but gave IUI (Menopur and Ovidrel) one more try. Unexplained me 39/DH 41. Good luck and have a safe and happy holiday!

9 years ago

:) I found out on Saturday that my hairdresser got pregnant on her first IVF :) She had 3 unsuccessful IUIs and it finally worked for her :)

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo