Community post

Discussion

3DPO

View Full Post

I'm currently 3DPO and absolutely hate the TWW! Was just wondering if there was anyone out there going through the same thing.

1111 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

261 - 270 of 1111 Replies | Last Page

Hey Juba....I was indeed pregnant, but began to miscarry 9 days ago. I still have the hcg hormone in my body and am wanting it to leave so I can start trying again. Lily IS pregnant and we are soooo thrilled for her. Lizzy, is in her TWW right now, and Lhen's period is late, but she hasn't tested yet. So, there's a current update on all 4 of us. :)

12 years ago

LOL it's probably a bit daunting for people to read 14 pages to get our updates...LOL :)

BUT I love you girls!!

12 years ago

It's a very sad thing having to take an HPT to see if the hormone has left your body. My doc had me test after my m/c too, and I remember how heartbreaking it was when one was still positive. It's also sad when you go in and see your baby one week on ultrasound, and then have to go back a week later to make sure it is gone. I feel your pain, Bride, and I hope everything heals quickly so you can begin again soon.

12 years ago • Post starter

Thanks, Lily. Do you remember how long you bled bright red blood after your m/c? Today is day #10 of it and I'm just getting so aggravated. It's like a period still. Technically, I've been bleeding and/or spotting for 3 and a half weeks now since that first period or whatever that was...I think I was pregnant then and that's when the miscarriage actually started, but I could be wrong. I still don't have any clear answers. All I know is I'm just TIRED of it. I've googled it and found that most women only bleed about 5-7 days after a m/c. Now I'm scared there's still some tissue or something in there that's causing me to just bleed forever and a day!! I would be okay with it if I could see that it was beginning to taper off or slow down, but NOPE.

12 years ago

Here's what happened to me, Bride, during my natural m/c at 6 weeks.

I spotted for four days, and then I m/c'ed on the fifth day and then bleed for another five days afterward. I then started my period 26 days later, which docs said would be extremely heavy. It wasn't. My second period post m/c was, however. Every woman is different and having a D/C is a lot more disruptive to your uterus I would imagine. I would call your doc just to make sure everything is OK. I feel like you have been bleeding forever, which has got to taxing on your system. I agree that your m/c started weeks ago, but I think your body had a tough time completing it, hence the excessive bleeding and need for the D/C. I know you want to get pregnant immediately, as did I. I would, for your safety, double check with your doc on how long you need to wait, if at all. Every doc has a different opinion. My doc told me after my m/c that I had to abstain from sex for at least 3 weeks to avoid infection, and I had to wait two full cycles to TTC. I have no clue what's recommended after a D/C. I would get the OK from your doc just to be safe.

I'm praying your bleeding ends soon, your HCG levels return to normal quickly, and for a speedy recovery so you will be back in the TTC saddle in no time. Hang in there and keep your chin up, Bride.

It helps that you have a great support system. Not that I didn't, but I went through like a two- to three-month period of depression afterward. I actually gained 20 pounds that I never lost before I got pregnant this time. I had a hard time with it and felt like an unchristian monster, a heathen. I avoided friends with a newborn and was sad for me when close friends got pregnant. I just felt like a monster. You are so spiritually mature, Bride, and I wish I would have handled my circumstance better, like you have. After having a healthy pregnancy, m/c never occured to me. It almost jades future pregnancies. I am happy but not as naive as I was for sure. Every little thing with this one, like the spotting, takes me back. Had I never m/c, I wouldn't think twice about a few spots on my toliet paper. Now I assume the worst and I hate that. But I am holding to my faith.

P.S. Know from my last post that I'm totally rooting for you to get pregnant ASAP. I just want you to be safe too and wanted to share what I was told. But like I said, all docs are different.

Lily, you are the best! Thanks so much for sharing all of that with me. I'm not as strong as I'm appearing to be. I led worship this Sunday for both services and everyone "thought" I was doing fine, but I really wasn't. In fact, while sitting down during the message, I whispered to God, "the world down here thinks I'm strong, but they're wrong". I am trying to be an example to my kids...especially my 15 year old daughter...of how to handle crisis or tragedy with grace. It's harder than I expected it to be.

So, day 12 and still pouring out blood...a strong positive hpt this morning with fmu. Maybe that's why it was so strong, but I am just baffled. The levels are supposed to decline, so why would this morning's test be a stronger positive than the ones I took yesterday? So weird. I'm calling the Dr. today. I feel like a maniac, but it just doesn't seem normal to be bleeding so heavily STILL and to STILL be testing positive too.

Lhen...where 'ya at, girlfriend? Haven't heard from you in a while. Hope all is well :)

Lizzy girl! It seems like your TWW is dragging...even for me! lol! I keep thinking it's time to test and then I realize you're still just a few days dpo. haha!

12 years ago

I just posted a pic of today's test. Does this seem crazy to y'all? I'm losing my mind.

User Image

12 years ago

Listen here Bride...you call that doctor and tell him that something is wrong and that you are coming in and that you are insisting he figure it out RIGHT NOW or you will find someone that will.

He may not be able to tell you exactly when you will stop bleeding but he should be able to tell you whether or not this is a normal occurance and give you some peace about the medical condition your body is in.

I know that this is an emotional nightmare but right now focus on making sure he gives you some answers about your physical condition...it is important to address the bleeding and to ensure there is no permanent damage to your body!!

You tell him Lizzy says..."don't make me come up there." This is a threat of wrath of which he cannot possibly understand!!! ;)

12 years ago

I'm sorry, Bride. I hate you are having to go through this. You can test positive up to a month later. I got a positive three weeks after my m/c.

I am glad you are calling your doc. Let us know what he or she says.

You are stronger than you think and what a role model to your daughter!

Lhen, would you test already!? You're driving me crazy!!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo