Community post

Discussion

Has anyone been diagnosed with PMDD?

I'm starting to suspect that I might have it and was wondering if anyone has been diagnosed with it and hows it affected them while ttc.

User Image User Image

2 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I have PMDD. It hasn't affected me yet as I have horridly long cycles (avg 45 days), but I'm assuming the days before AF will be horrific. However I am on meds for it - an antidepressant, which helps. Have you gone to your OBGYN and asked his/her advice? You might want to try a psychiatrist if she agrees you have PMDD.

Good luck to you!

12 years ago

I had pretty server depression that I noticed was worse for the 2 weeks before my period (well, my partner noticed). I was on my way to collecting enough mood data to get an official diagnosis (although the doctor said it was almost certain I had it). Luckily in this time I had some blood tests done that showed that I had high TSH.

A month after starting thyroid treatment I stopped getting depressed except for the 2 weeks before my new cycle. The month after that all depression symptoms were gone.

My mum was not so lucky, she has PMDD with no treatable underlying cause (probably why I was susceptible to it). She is on a relatively high does of antidepressants. She never had long or painful cycles, where as I always have, and even the thyroxine didn't fully fix (B6 and vitex helped a lot though), but we both had (I continue to have) heavy cycles, to the point where she got some of her uterine lining cauterized (not appropriate for those of us with reproduction in mind).

I know my story wont have helped give you answers, as mine was a symptom of another issue, but hopefully it's helped you see that you're not alone. Many women have this, and many never seek help. A diagnosis is the first step to management.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo