Community post

Discussion

shettles method

Hello! Has anyone tried the shettles method when trying for a certain gender? I was curious about the method for a girl, having sex several days before ovulation. Wouldn't this also make it less likely to get pregnant each month if you're avoiding the time near ovulation?

I'm personally not trying this, however my hubby and i did most of our baby dancing several days before ovulation, due to work and timing :( just wondering if i still have a decent chance. i did take a nap after our dance 3 days before ovulation. thoughts? i appreciate all opinions :)

4 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

I have 3 girlfriends who conceived girls using the method (they did all end up with girls and were trying for girls) but there are so many theories about "gender selection timing"... who knows if it was the method/timing that worked or if it was just a fluke.

8 years ago

do you knw how long it took for them to conceive?

8 years ago • Post starter

I don't... they all had at least one child previously tho.... As someone who is TTC for over a year, I won't try this... I want to take advantage of every opportunity to conceive :)

8 years ago

I personally tried the settlers method for a boy. I actually conceived the first cycle trying which was dtd 12 hours after + opk unfortunately my pregnancy ended in a miscarriage at 12 weeks after the heart beat stopped . I do know in fact that it was a boy from analysis after. This was my 3rd miscarriage in 6 years with pregnancy number 2 and 4 delivering healthy babies. I am currently 9.6 weeks with pregnancy # 6 . Child # 5 pregnancy # 2 was triplets. We have 4 girls but opted not to try gender selection again as it can take a very long time ttc when doing that. It may take longer ttc a girl due to dtd so far before ovulation. If you have the time great but if you want to conceive asap or if you have difficulty with ttc I would just maximize all your fertile days. After 2 years of fertility treatments for pregnancy #2 I did not have a problem becoming pregnant I got pregnant any time we tried I just had a lot of miscarriages. Every other pregnancy has been a mc for me. Good luck with your ttc journey .

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo