Community post

Discussion

Are these the signs of a chemical pregnancy?

A couple cycles back, I would have sworn I was pregnant. I had implantation bleeding (I thought), sore nipples, and a metallic taste in my mouth so often that I kept checking to see if my lip was bleeding. Then my period came 4 days earlier than it normally does, and heavy at first, instead of the usual light spotting I usually get in the beginning as a "heads up". For the last couple cycles, my cycle length has shortened by about 3-4 days. Any ideas? Also, when I had tested beforehand, it was neg, but it was the only cycle that I "knew" I was pregnant.

1 Reply • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Well..I would need a bit more information to make an "educated guess". I've had SIX "chemical pregnancies" myself.

All of mine (except the last 'possible' one) were confirmed by positive pregnancy tests. I would start bleeding either later the day of the test, or a day or two after. :(

You say that period was "heavy at first"..
How many days did it STAY heavy? How many days does a normal period last for you? Do you remember passing any clots of any size?

Just with the symptoms you described, I would say it's quite possible you had an early loss, but as I said before, I'd need more information to be able to say one way or another. No, I'm not a doctor but under the circumstances, I've become somewhat of an "expert" (unfortunately) on early miscarriages. You can leave me a message here any time you feel comfortable to do so.

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo