Community post

Discussion

Faint line with FRER - pregnant or perimenopause

Hello! I am 46, CD 47 and late for my regular 28 day cycle. I have had menstrual pain for nearly four weeks, which is common for me before period, but also, with my second pregnancy I had mega-menstrual pain.

Took two FRER Jan 21 and again Jan 22, both immediately came up light light light pink, but visible and remained so.

I travelled to a place that had only cheapies at drugstore and all came up BFN. But still not period.

First theory - I researched that approaching menopause, one can have increased levels of HCG (although my doctor told me 6 months ago after blood tests I was not in perimenopuase) which would account for light pink line.

Second theory - I saw on internet that FRER seems to have a lot of compaints from people with light pink evap lines. Something about it used to be reliable but now many posts on evap lines that mislead.

Third theory - chemical - how long until period should appear.

Thanks for your thoughts and comments on what might account for very fait FRER and then BFN on cheapies. Should I waste more money buying a new FRER when I get back to city with access to them?

6 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Hi,
A lot of cheap test are not as sensitive so check the strength of the tests you used. Check online for reviews on the tests you have used to see if they give evaps or indeed don't react well.
If you have a normal 28 day cycle you should go see your doctor to be safe.
Good luck to you and keep us updated x

8 years ago

Thanks Kerzie

I researched the cheap test online but could'nt find it reviewed anywhere (It was called Recare).

I guess I am thinking its VERY unlikely I am pregnant (given age), and more confused and frankly po-d by the FRER result.

Sigh, Ill shell out the money and get another FRER to be sure?

erin

8 years ago • Post starter

Hi,
Don't despair it happens quite often on here that ladies in their 40's get a bfp. I for one am not giving up hope.
It's frustrating being at the waiting stage, you hope but try to be realistic so you don't get crushed if it doesn't work out.
A blood test from your doctor will give you an answer but I get its the weekend and you want to know now. If af doesn't come, go to your doctor so you can find out why and take whatever steps are needed. I can't see it being premenopausal if your tests were fine.
Wishing you lots of luck xx

8 years ago

Took another FRER this evening and it was a BFN, so I think the previous faint lines (last week) were evap.
Best of luck to all!

8 years ago • Post starter

I have the same stupid lines with frer and the blue internet strips. It's a faint pink line with three of the six frer(I know but I get addicted to looking for lines) and shaded line with some of the blue tip internet strips. Wonderflo is better. I took a clear blue digi and it came right up neg.
Everything else is negative...Anyone know why the frers changed?
Aww well sending you baby dust!

7 years ago

This is old but wanted to say this is happening to me now.. 9 days in a row faint pink lines, other brands negative. Blood test neg last week. Period is 10 late. FRER need to correct their tests what a scam!

3 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo