Community post

Discussion

4 days late, NO PMS, high BBT, but negative HPTs??

Hi All,

I need some advice/encouragement! Sorry for long post - I just want to explain as much as I can so it's clear.

I have been TTC since 6/2012 after we had an unexpected preg end in MC at 7 wks in 4/2012. I have charted, not religiously, but enough in the past two years to recognize my overall patterns. I average a 26 day cycle, the longest I've ever gone was 29 days in the past two years of charting, and usually I'm only +/- one day, like clockwork. I ovulate regularly, and have about an 11-12 day luteal phase (the most it's ever been is 14 days). My temps are low before O - usually in the 97.3 to 97.6 range, and go up after O, usually to the 97.9 to 98.2 range.

I also get a LOT of PMS symptoms (the usual), cramps that get worse towards the start of AF, crankiness, sore breasts, crankiness, headaches, tiredness, nausea, and oh - did I mention crankiness? These start usually 3-5 days before AF comes, and taper off usually by the third day of AF. They have led me time and time again to think I was pregnant month after month, only to get AF on time as usual. Lots of wasted HPTs over the past two years.... ugh

I did not chart this month - I was trying to take a more relaxed approach, so I do not know exact days of O, but honestly my trends are usually like clockwork, and I have never been this late for a period.

I am currently 4 days late (at 30 days now, the longest cycle I've ever had - even before I started charting). I had absolutely NO PMS symptoms leading up to the time when I should have started AF. In fact, I was unusually happy. About two-three days ago I started getting slight cramps, and started to pee a lot (this is not a PMS symptom for me), so I thought AF might be on her way. Usually the cramps get worse and worse over the next several hours to a day, and AF starts immediately after they get to be unbearable.

My cramps have not gotten worse this time, in fact, they are still light, and they come and go - usually noticeable after I am up and moving around, and they subside as I remain still.

This is EXACTLY what happened to me when I got my BFP in March of 2012, so I really feel like I'm pregnant this time, even with a total lack of my typical PMS symptoms. I had that light cramping from the day of my expected period up until I lost the baby at 7 weeks, and was told that it was normal. I took a HPT test back in 2012 the day after my expected period and it was a definite positive.

Now I have tested three times since last Friday (CD27) and have had negatives each time - not even a slight hint of a line. I used the Target Brand Up & Up early test (comparable to FRER) which tells you "Five days before a missed period", so I'm assuming the HcG sensitivity is high.

Even though I haven't charted this month, I took my temp this morning at my usual time, and it is still high for my typical chart, at 97.9. Usually I drop to 97.3 or below when AF is coming.

I have a message in to my doctor, to see if I should have a blood test, and am waiting to hear from her.

Why am I getting negative HPTs? Am I seriously not pregnant, even though the only time I have ever missed a period was when I was pregnant back in 2012? DO the tests suck? I have read a lot about people getting negatives well into a pregnancy, but how common is that?

Thanks for any help and advice you can give.

Daph

User Image Baby M v1.0, 4/20/2012

1 Reply • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hi,

Thank you for your sharing your story! I'm currently experiencing the exact same thing. The longest cycle I've ever had was 36 days and that was about a year ago- for the past 6-8 months, my average has been 31. I'm now on day 39 and experiencing random bouts of nausea throughout the day as well as fatigue. And of course, 4 negative HPTS.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo