Community post

Discussion

Late O but just got positive hpt...advice please

Hi everyone, I could really use some feedback. I am 42 and have been ttc for 14 months. I had one miscarriage/ chemical pregnancy a couple of months ago. Numbers were really low in the first couple of weeks and then started to go down. This month I ovulated almost two weeks late which has never happened before. I have read that it is nearly impossible to get pregnant when its that late and if you do, there is a high risk for miscarriage. I am 11 dpo today and had a positive on a hpt digital. I am totally shocked. Does anyone know anything about this issue or have any advice/ feedback for me. Thank you so much. Also, please disregard info in my box, it is incorrect due to crazy cycle this month!

User Image

4 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

I would think a false positive on a digital test would be unlikely. I think I would go to the doctor and get a blood test.

12 years ago

Hey!

There is definitely a chance to get pregnant if you O late! However, it is less likely due to the following reasons: the lining of the uterus is getting to old for implantation, and the egg is less likely to be fertilized as the quality of the egg decreases over time. But, there is definitely a possibility of pregnancy!

But, there is no known harm that comes to the baby because you ovulated late. The only thing is that there is a less chance of getting pregnant. I would say wait another 5-7 days, take another test and if it is still positive - call your Dr to make an appt.

Good luck! =)

I'm married to the most wonderful, supportive and loving husband! and I have a little cocker spaniel puppy =) My passion is pregnancy! I work with women who are trying to conceive by teaching them the influence that diet has on their reproductive health and how natural nutrition and their food choices can help reverse infertility. I also work with woman on proper nutrition and diet during their pregnancy and breastfeeding/post-pregnancy season.

12 years ago

Thank you so much for the replies ladies. Took another (different kind of test) this am and still positive. I already left a message for my doctor. My husband is in the military and unfortunately, they are pretty rigid about appointments so hoping they won't make me wait to long to get an appointment. Thank you again for the replies. Checking this site constantly for info!

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

If you're worried about a miscarriage ask your doctor aout progesterone...it's one of the hormones that your body makes to keep the baby. Realize that your late O isn't the main worry for a mc, it may be your age. It's a miracle that you're pregnant at 42! Maybe bed rest might be best for you (I don't know because I'm not a doc, but couldn't hurt, right?)

and I truly hope that you have a

Good luck with your little miracle!

~*~Danielle~*~ "Behold what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us that we should be called the sons(daughters) of God" 1Jn 3:1a

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo