Community post

Discussion

Over 40 and ttc

View Full Post

Hi everyone,
Is anyone else over 40 and ttc? I couldn't find any groups on this page and would love to start one if there is interest. I am 42 and have been ttc for 14 months. Very interested in hearing what others have tried and what your experiences have been.

User Image

26 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 26 of 26 Replies

hi, ive been looking for a ttc over 40 thread. Im 41 and have two boys one is 18yrs old the other is 2yrs old, we have been ttc #3 since i had a mmc in July last year but so far not had any luck.
I use opk and have a 24-25 day cycle usually getting my positive opk day 8-10, we BD on all the right days but maybe my age is againset me. oh is also 41.
its now the start of my tww, fx for a BFP xx

12 years ago

Hopefully this is our month...

Hi ladies am 42 yrs and Ihave to kids and now we are trying for baby number 3.....I want to share with you guys the bad experience I at my OBGYN today!
Firts when I was called in to see the doctor the nurse asked me the reason I was there and I had to explain that me and my DH have been trying to get pregnant but we havent been able....so after the nurse looked at my chart and saw my age she asked me "why do you want to have a child at this age" she said" most women at this age have NO patience with kids" I said this is the decision me and my DH had made :(( and she left the room :(( when the doctor came in the room she made me feel even worst she with all the words she said to me she basically was saying I am to old ...she said I should think about it because of all the risk there is with someone my age trying to conceive...and I said I know all the risk she said that she could give me medication for me to ovulate longer but then she noded her head and said "you dont want that right"? :( she said I have a risk to have multiples with this medication. I was feeling so bad because she said I should just concentrate with the kids I have now because its better that way for me :( so by this time I was feeling I was not going to get any help from her so I stop talking and all I wanted to so was walk out of that office :(( but I still have faith that we will be able to conceive our new bundle of joy . By the way I get my period every 28 days and I ovulate 14 days after the first day of my period and today I bought a kit that checks TSH levels for your egg reserve and it shows that I still have a good egg reserve :) I have normal levels...so now I have to keep trying and I will not let anybody make me feel old because I feel better than ever before. I want to wish everybody goodluck and baby dust to all.

12 years ago

Dear Scale33;

How disgusting it is NO ONES decision but yours & your Husbands if you decided to have a baby at your age!

I'm now 43yrs old & ttc #3..

I feel pregnant with #1 1st try at 39 & gave birth to him at 36wks sadly he died at birth (nothing to do with my age ect). Oliver had contracted eCoil while still in the placenta NO ONE knew anything was wrong until I gave birth NATURALLY within 1 hr 18mins.

Fortunately we fell pregnant 1st try just 6 weeks after losing Oliver & gave birth to a very healthy baby boy just 9 mths later (he was 8 weeks premmie).. He is now a very BIG HEALTHY 2 yr old.

My husband & I have NO blood family here in Australia & really feel that we'd like to TRY give Darian a sybilling. My OBGYN is MORE than supportive. He's done a whole lot of blood work to make sure that everything is ok! He said getting me pregnant is the easy part it's giving birth to a healthy baby. But there aere MANY MANY women that give birth he healthy babies at our age! He's put me on a course of Clomid just half dose just to help things along due to my age! I'm currently on the TWW it's day 28 tomorrow & my temp is still high so fingers crossed it stays that way & we have a little peanut growing already.

So PLEASE dont' give up hope but DO go see another OBGYN as it's important at our age to have good medical support.

Take care wishing you all the best..

12 years ago

Hello everyone,
I am a 40 and a mother of 4 boys. Three from a prior marriage and a 2 year old from my current marriage. We are ttc for another baby, first cycle trying and I am currently 11dpo. We attempted a gender sway with diet, supplements, douching, represh and 3 day cut off before O. I have so many symptoms from twinges, cramping, metallic taste, fatigue, soar throat, sour stomach, bloating. Hopefully not all in my head. I early tested at 8, 9, 10 and 11 dpo this morning and all BFN! I am not giving up hope just yet...AF is expected on Sun. 5/6.
Let's do this ladies.....we can get a BFP!!!

12 years ago

@pilotbaby:
After having seen the response level just to this thread alone, I think it would be more than useful to have a "40+ TTC" forum... and even a "40+ TTC#1" forum. Just reading everyone's answers has helped me loads, not only for the moral encouragement but also for sharing information specific to my 40+ needs. There is not a whole lot of non-commercial information out there for us, and this site has been an invaluable tool for me so far.

Please, please, please ask to get one started!

FOR EVERYONE!!!!

User Image User Image

11 years ago

Ladies, check this out:
http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/topic.php?topicid=18

A humongous thanks to pilotbaby for initiating the idea!

User Image User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo