Community post

Discussion

Over 40 and ttc

Hi everyone,
Is anyone else over 40 and ttc? I couldn't find any groups on this page and would love to start one if there is interest. I am 42 and have been ttc for 14 months. Very interested in hearing what others have tried and what your experiences have been.

User Image

26 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by likes)

1 - 10 of 26 Replies | Last Page

HI Pilot I am RJ i am 40 (turn 41 in december) been ttc for 16 months unexplained infertilty
I have 3 childrren from prev. marriage
My new dh (whomhas no kids) and i wanted to have one before we get to old

10 dpo today lots of cramps like is about to start , dip in temp yesterday...up this morning

Us over 40 will get our WE WILL

12 years ago

My mother had my youngest brother at 41. Good Luck ladies!

12 years ago

Hi RJ- Unexplained infertility must be frustrating. Given that you had three kids, I'm going to hope for you that your body gets back on track and you and your new dh have one soon! Have you tried any treatments? We have done one round of clomid, one IUI and one round of gonal shots. None of it worked but then a couple of months ago got pregnant on our own but it turned out to be a chemical pregnancy. I am 8dpo- the waiting game is so hard. I analyze every tiny feeling in my body!

THank you for the wishes ponycyndi!

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

Hi everyone,I'm 41 and DH is 49 and we are are trying for #4. Our oldest is 20, our 2nd boys just turned 15 and we had number 3 in Feb of 2010 one month before I turned 40. I nursed him till March of this year but my cycle had started back in June of 2010 so we had been trying for #4 sense then. I was only nursing part time as I couldn't produce enough for him and didn't realize that even though my cycle had started again nursing could effect my hormones to conception. I know, many would say that was a no brainer but it just didn't click, must be my age LOL! I know that I get tired of hearing the age thing from people and actually feel younger now in my 40's than I did in my 30's. I'm in better physical condiition and believe a lot of aging is mental. If I listen to the medical world that "time" crunch makes me nervous and I believe it's a hinderance. Most womens bodies where created to stop closer to 50 so i am always amazed why 40 is the "mark" that they want you te feel intimidated at. If i'd a listend, we wouldn't have had #3, I just can't imagine life without him!
I just wanted to say and to be able to encourage as well as been encouraged.
Good luck to all.

12 years ago

Thanks little boo , pony and pilot....you all give me hope

just showed up last night so over for this cycle

I go in to see dr. next "O" date of IUI. Little nervous about it, think my dh is more nervous

-Had tubes looked at....not sure what it was called, injected dye-like "stuff" in uterus and did ultra-sound to see if anything was ok...it was
-did semen analysis...ok there
-also did internal and external ultrasound, seen fibroid (but nothing major) some scarring on cervix from 3 previous c-sections....but nothing that would prevent us from conceiving
-now IUI coming up

sooo everything looks good, just have to wait to see if we can finally get a

12 years ago

Hi RJ,
I had the same tests you did. So excited you are trying an IUI. Have you had one b/f? For me, the other tests they did were way more painful. The IUI only takes about one minute and the catheter they use is so tiny, you barely feel it. In fact, for me it was infinitely easier than a pap smear. Really hope it works for you.

User Image

No never had an iui done before! Hoping all goes well

question for you or anyone else......been taking soy for the last two cycles and before that vitex for cycles last winter......wondering which one i should take this cycle before my iui??? Also taking pre-natal vitamins, epo, and B6.
Seen a lot of women taking clomid before their iui- I just want to get a jump-start and an extra boost

12 years ago

I have always done the pre natal vitamins...also did gonal shots for the cycle of the IUI. Not sure about any of the other supplements as my doctor did not recommend anything else for me.

User Image

hi everyone - I am new to this web site. I just got married in April and turned 40 in May. My dh is 35. Needless to say we haven't been trying very long but we are on an express train TTC now. AF showed up today so I'm starting a new cycle - haven't been very good at tracking yet...

I am going to my GYN this Tuesday for my annual and will hopefully get some more info from her on what's next.

Can you guys tell me what tests they did to check your fertility - are they invasive and do they hurt? I see someone mentioned checking the tubes with dye - ??? Sorry - but I'm really in the dark here...

thanks so much and I'm glad I found a group that are women my age!

Christie

12 years ago

Hi Smartiemac,
Welcome! I had a saline sonogram and a ultrasound (an internal one- can't remember exactly what it was called). For me, they were a bit less uncomfortable than a pap smear which I find painful. I have a lot of anxiety about internal exams so the doctor gave me some medicine to help me prior to the saline sonogram- not sure how much it helped but the procedure was not too bad. Have you started using OPK's yet? They are awesome and in my opinion a must have for those of us over 40 ttc! Good luck and keep us posted on what the doctor says!

User Image

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo