Community post

Discussion

Having an unusual month

My Husband and I have been trying to conceive our first since March, 2012 (On our first try, we did it but it turned out to be a chemical). We stopped trying in February of 2013, when I decided to book a trip to Chicago for July. I took a much needed break and recharged myself mentally and emotionally. In April we adopted a puppy and I use my maternal instinct on her. We went to Chicago and had a wonderful time. My husband wants to go back to Chicago and possibly LA next year, so I decided to try one more time before we take a year long break for this trip. I did some research and discovered if I conceived this month, My due date would be a month to one month 1/2 till the next trip. So I decided to go for it. Since my O day, I had sore and tender breast and nips (a little unusual, considering that happens a few days later). On 5 dpo, I felt the symptoms for a UTI and became a little worried (it's been 3 or 4 years since my last UTI). I went to the hospital the very next day and explained to the DR that I was in my tww. She gave me antibiotics that wouldn't affect it. On 7 dpo, I became really gassy. On 8 dpo, I had lots of fluttering in my abdomen and sore muscles. Today, 9 dpo, I awoken with major gas and burping and had diarrhea. I had af like cramping almost the whole day and my abdomen feels as if I have done 1000 sit ups. This afternoon, I felt really exhausted and my body felt as if I ran a marathon. When I took a nap, I couldn't sleep on my stomach because of my boobs and abdomen. I'm going to continue to monitor everything, although I pray this is it. And if it isn't then I can put these symptoms as part of my cycle. Also let me know if anyone else has had weird symptoms this month (pregnant or not). Lets swap stories.

3 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hi. We are trying to conceive since November 2012. We also bought a puppy! She's 9 months old now. I'm 29 years old with no children yet. All of my girlfriends are getting pregnant now, and it's only me that's left behind.
I'm envious of your symptoms. I'm 8 dpo today and only with backache. I don't really suspect being pregnant. We are having some problems, and we don't have much chances getting me pregnant, but I don't loose hope and believe a miracle can always happen ;)
As for my monthly "symptomes" I feel nausea every month few days before AF, I also often experiance bloathing, pinching in abdomen and my bbs... well those feel different every month, but they always become sensitive/painful just before AF. Last month was the most painful for my bbs and nipples - even most tender touch made me want to crawl and cry! Now they feel normal.
Keep telling us how are you doing.
Baby dust to you.

10 years ago

This morning, I woke up to feeling like my UTI is back and slippery cm (Unusal) Throughout the day, been nausous all day but hungry (that is kinda normal before AF) To Murasaki: Everything you have said I understand. I'm 32 and lots of people I know are having babies. It also happened when I was trying last year. I like to call it the "Trying To Conceive Curse", where it feels like the whole world is pregnant, while we have to deal with the dishearten disappointment. Good luck to you and much baby dust to all who have been trying as hard as I have.

10 years ago • Post starter

Just to keep everyone updated; Since I last commented, I wasn't pregnant. But I did go to the Doctor and she checked me and gave me folic acid and told me to keep trying. That was back in September. Today, I just received my first positive reading (it was faint, but it wasn't FMU). So please pray that it's not a chemical; please pray that I have a healthy pregnancy and please pray that I have a healthy baby (physically and mentally) and I will do the same for you. Baby dust to all and don't give up.

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo