Community post

Discussion

ladies know your body!!

I found out 6 days before my missed period that after three long years I was going to be a mommy for the second time! I was overwhelmed over joyed everything words can't describe! I went to the doctor to come confirm I was indeed pregnant! I couldn't believe it me and my husband had even quit trying, I quit charting worrying about looking and reading things online everything.. I went to my second visit to the doctor where I was told I was almost at my 6 week mark Due to my last period. About less than a week before my doctors appointment into my 5th week of pregnancy I began noticing pain on my right side (which I told my doctor about at my appointment) she then told me everything was fine if it got worse call.. I walked to the front got my next appointment which was a month away :'( .
On Friday July 19 2013 I felt the pain In my right side into my groin region and down my right leg. I called my on call doctor due to it was 11pm who told me since I haven't had an ultrasound I needed to go to the emergency room. When I got there I had blood work and them trying to tell me it was my appendix and I keep telling them no I need an ultrasound they Proceeded to tell me I would have to wait till the next morning to have one. But not to worry because my hcg levels were amazing. I was frustrated and left.
Made it home around 6am and couldn't sleep I just felt in my heart I needed to be seen. So I made it back to the emergency room around 10 am I waited and waited finally at 3:30pm I was taken to ultrasound. I asked the tech if she could see my baby she said the doctor will discuss all this with you. She then began the vaginal US and quickly turned the screen from me. I knew in my heart something was wrong all I could do was cry.
A nurse came and took me to a room and told me to undress. All I could get out was what's wrong someone talk to me ..and all I could get as a response was the doctor will be in shortly. 5 minutes which felt like an hour the doctor walked in and told me I had an ectopic pregnancy. I immediately called my husband and told him the news and asked him to rush to be by my side.. he made it right when my ob doctor walked in and told me I had to go into surgery now.
I had a lot of complications during surgery and it took 4 hours rather than 1. The baby was attached to my right tube and upper portion of my uterus. But I'm thankful it hadn't ruptured. I ended up not only losing my baby but my whole right tube. My doctor told me she hadn't ever seen a case like mine. If it would have ruptured I could have bleed to death within 5 minutes. She said I could try for children again but due to the circumstances of surgery I would have to wait a year and deli ever 6-8 weeks early by c section.
I hate this happened July 20 2013 was a horrible day for my husband and I. I will always have the baby in my heart- RIP MY BABY JULY 20 2013

Ladies please just listen to your body and don't let it pass by if your worried. That k you for reading my story!!

I'm so ready.

2 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

My heart goes out to you I really understand how you feel I lost my baby and left tube February 5,2013 I still grieve for my baby I would have been 7 months now. I was angry at first because when I got pregnant two of my sisters got pregnant as well....both had abortions!!!!!! I wanted my baby and was already in love with it. But I know it will happen again and I do believe that God will bless double for our troubles. I'll keep you in my prayers.

User Image

10 years ago

I'm s sorry about your loss.. especially due to the cirumstances!!! Its been very hard to overcome..and I'll be praying for greatness and well being in your future.. we can only look up from here :-). And keep smiling as our baby's are looking down upon us.. good luck to you!!

I'm so ready.

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo