Community post

Discussion

doppler heartbeat detection at how early?

Hello my fellow lady friends! I have a 10 week appointment tomorrow and can't remember if we can hear the heartbeat via doppler at this point? We already saw the heartbeat at an u/s appointment a few weeks ago but am needing comfort again.

Any input? Thanks!

DMP - TTC #3 after several chemical pregnancies. May we all have success! God Bless!  BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy week by week

11 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 11 Replies | Last Page

They should be able to! I can't remember if it is at 9 weeks or 12. :) Good Luck!

User Image Abbie DS: 01/19/2010 ? or ? March 2012

13 years ago

Had had my 10 week app last week and he didn't do it because he didn't want it to be too early and scare us! If we couldn't find it so they prefer to wait till they know they will find it!

13 years ago

Hello

It can be difficult to find the heartbeat until the little one is around 24 weeks but I believe it is detectable from around 16-18 weeks.

I know how you feel needing the reassurance, but as long as you have the major pregnancy symptom of no bleeding you can take it you are fine - says I - I hear the heart beat one week and start worrying again the next.

Let us know how you get on

Lx

pregnancy week by week

13 years ago

I'm 7 weeks and had a transvaginal exam this morning to rule out the possibility of another ectopic pregnancy. I heard the heartbeat, and it was the most wonderful sound in the world!

User Image - 29th May 2010. Our ectopic angel will never be forgotten

13 years ago

I had my 10 week appointment and MW wouldn't do it inces she couldn't find it. In my area you usually have it done at 16 week appointment :)

Daisypath Christmas tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Clomid cycle #1 Clomid cycle #2 Clomid cycle #3

13 years ago

i went to midwife at my 9 week 4 day appt and she was reluctant to do it as she said there was about a 25% chance but we got lucky and heard it :) she says it was a very good sign.

[url= BabyFruit Ticker]

13 years ago

Wow...thanks for all the input! Isn't amazing how different the medical community can "quote". I had the appointment and they automatically and without hesitation went for the doppler. I said, "Ohhh...it's not too early??!?". "Nawwww....". Okay. Then the one nurse couldn't find it so she got someone else to find, "the needle in the haystack". After they both were unsuccessful they took me into the ultrasound (I have previous losses and have been going to this OB for YEARS maybe that's why?). Anyway...the reason they couldn't pick up the heartbeat was that little peanut was more like a mexican jumping bean! SO HILARIOUS! Even the sonogram tech couldn't get the heartbeat b/c of all the wiggly and movement. She said NO WONDER the doppler couldn't find it! I got to see arms and legs just flailing! My Mom was there and she got teary...very sweet and wonderful to see! SOOOO...here's to all of your peanuts and their little tickers!! xoxoxoxoxo

DMP - TTC #3 after several chemical pregnancies. May we all have success! God Bless!  BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy week by week

13 years ago • Post starter

Hi DM- my ob got the heartbeat with my dd at 8 wks and 2 days

Katie

13 years ago

I hAVE my first appointment May 3rd, they are looking for the heart beat then. Do you think I will be able to hear it?

User Image

User Image

13 years ago

Possibly...just depends on baby's position and movement. Good luck!

13 years ago • Post starter

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo