Community post

Discussion

Taking Progesterone suppositories?? OMG!!!

Hi Ladies. I'm losing my mind! Anybody else out there taking progesterone suppositories? I am trying to figure out WHY I'm sooooo incredibly gassy and constipated. I know it's a normal sign of early pregnancy but I've been pregnant 5 times (two went to term) and I know my body does NOT react like this. This is, however, my first time taking progesterone. I'm wondering if this is the culprit. Seriously...I can NOT button my pants and I'm 5 weeks tomorrow. I mean no where NEAR buttoning! I had to use the bellaband today. My belly is hard and the gas in so painful! I just needed to vent and find somebody else out there on Progesterone. Thanks ladies! Sticky vibes!!!

DMP - TTC #3 after several chemical pregnancies. May we all have success! God Bless!  BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy week by week

11 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

1 - 10 of 11 Replies | Last Page

I am not on it but I have had 3 chemical pgs and I am going to the doc next Monday. I wanted to ask you how yous doc found out you needed progesterone and did you have to take it to get pg and then take it during ,too. I have been taking b-6 and low dose aspirin and this is the only other thing I can think of. I was hoping my regular docter could help instead of sending me to the fs out of town. Can you help? :)

13 years ago

Sorry...3 chemical pregs for me too. Two full term too. I was given it after I phoned the docs saying "HELP I GOT A BFP AND DON"T WANT ANOTHER C/M!" So he phoned in a low dose progesterone. I've heard conflicting/controversial things about low dose aspirin affecting temps and ovulation...I took it upon myself to take a high grade omega 3 since that has a anti-inflammatory/blood thinning result as well without the controversy.

My main prob is I have no thyroid...endometriosis and fibroids. (oh, and I'm 37!) Sooo...not sure if I was actually low progesterone. Am going in Friday for some BETAs. So far so good though. 5 weeks tomorrow. Fingers crossed with sticky vibes. Baby Dust to you!!!!! Are you doing OPKs or charting your temps?

DMP - TTC #3 after several chemical pregnancies. May we all have success! God Bless!  BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy week by week

13 years ago • Post starter

I am charting. I use fertility friend. I will be 35 this May. And it's weird but yesterday I would have been 5 weeks ,too. I will get faint bfp's for 3 days then nothing. All 3 times. I hope that my regular docter will help. I have 3 children. Then I stupidly got my tubes tied which was undone in January of last year. I had an ectopic in May. Then a chemical in October and one in January of this year then this one. It makes me nervous because we get halfway there and then nothing. I think I will take what you are taking instead of the low dose aspirin. I used "soft cup" last cyle,too. I have been taking folic acid since my ectopic. I ran out of b-6 last monday. Makes me wonder if that would have helped.

13 years ago

Hi DMPage I am taking progesterone suppositories, but I have not conceived yet. I've read that the the PS mimic many preggo symptoms, this is my 2nd cycle taking them and I have been a little gassy, but that's usual for me especially before AF. The only thing that I know I have been experiencing that is directly related to the PS is crazy vivid dreams and that's about it.HTH.

13 years ago

Curl...YUP! The being on progesterone and pregnancy basically makes for preggo symptoms times 10! Here's to your BFP!!

ONPC...hang in there. A FS might be your best bet to avoid any further heart ache. I know...even just one day with a BFP grabs you by the heartstrings! I'm sorry.

Since I had a full term pregnancy 1st, my OB knew that I was capable of carrying to term with my "own" hormones/etc. I should add that he was a clomid baby. So that fact did effect the course of treatment. Have you had a COMPLETE (not just TSH) thyroid panel run? That's always a good one to start with without needing a FS. I would definitely stay on your folic AND prenatal vitamin as well as the omega 3 supplement...just me, personally
Babydust and sticky vibes!

Thanks so much! I will have to go out and buy the omega 3 . They haven't ran any tests yet. I am going Monday. When I had my first cp he said they were common and that I looked fine. This is my third so hoping he runs some tests. I am glad they atleast run some here in town. I can't make it to the fs he is out of town. I already changed docters because when I had the ectopic they were very rude to me for a couple weeks and then the doc had the nerve to say well atleast you know you can get pregnant. Wow. It kinda helps if it is in the right spot and for that matter STICKS. I wouldn't even know what to ask for aside from the progesterone levels being tested. And I am assuming he would have to have me back in my lp for that.

13 years ago

Oh oh oh! I just read an article about vitamin D deficiency and miscarriage rates. Ask your doctor to run a full thyroid panel and to check your blood for vit D deficiency!

Good luck!

Hello DMPage,

Well I'm 31, I had one full term pregnancy (my son is now 2 years old), I had a miscarriage in February (at around 5 weeks), and I am now pregnant again 4 weeks and 4 days, hoping that this time it'll be a full term one.
I am taking only prenatal vitamins and B6...so no progesterone suppositories...BUT...I still have the same IDENTICAL symtoms as you! Meaning that I am VEEERRRYYYY constipated and gassy...and if I don't let the gas come out, I get cramps...
I can not button my jeans...like you say, at least 1 inch open...so I use an elastic to "button" my pants...at night I look at least 3 months pregnant with the belly showing so much!!! I am also extremely tired starting noon...I pee often and I"m hungry all the time.

So I would say that it could be possible that all your sysmptoms are regular symptoms, maybe not caused by the progesterone...

I'm going to the doctor today...I"m super excited, I hope she does the blood work for me...

Good luck and tons of sticky vibes!!!
xoxoxoxo

User Image" rel="nofollow">User Image

13 years ago

Ditto to the gas and bloating - flat stomach in the morning and I look 3 months pg by after dinner - bad, bad VILE gas, stabbing pains if I hold it in...oh dear. Can't blame progesterone, this is allllll me ! LOL

[url= BabyFruit Ticker]

13 years ago

Hello

Yup me too - right from the start I looked 5 months preggers and could barely fasten my trousers!

I haven't been on progesterone either just the baby and hormones!

Lx

pregnancy week by week

13 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo