Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with us? Can we get a hell ya!Part 7

View Full Post

This forum is for anyone using Clomid. We are a great bunch of ladies on here so feel free to share you TTC story!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

329 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

81 - 90 of 329 Replies | Last Page

BABYP: THESE SO CALLED PROGEST.TEST ARE BASED ON WOMEN WITH NORMAL 28 DAY CYCLES & who OVULATE on or around CD 14....ALSO I READ PROGEST.DOES SPIKE TIL 7 DPO at LEAST. ILL LOOK IT UP AND POST BELOW FOR YOU ALL!

ODD thing is they never asked me to come back,which is NORMAL for irregular cycles longer than 35 days!! Which I just found out and kind of pisses me off!

RESEARCH #1
http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Ovulation
RESEARCH#2
http://www.fertilityauthority.com/articles/fertility-test-checking-progesterone-levels

User ImageUser ImagePCOS/#1 BABY BLESSING BLISSUser Image User Image My Ovulation Chart

11 years ago

Hi ladies., ima try to write this correctly I have a question for u ladies

Q; .... Did any of u ladies get side effects the day after the last pill????

Because the last day if the pill I was super moody as hell like I was angry, sad, happy, crying, frustrated, irritated etc. and this was all in one hour. Lol yesterday I had the most splitting headache and I still have it this morning... Another Question. When does it usually subside?

<a href=

11 years ago

babypbaby- aw, that blows:( I'm sorry you have to go through this. Don't lose hope, adjusting the clomid dose is pretty common for most ladies with their first cycle. Now that they know what's what they will simply up the dose. I hope next round goes much better and I'm sure it will:)

Lauriemarie- welcome! I'm currently on my 6 IUI so if you have questions about it, I would love to help!

Iwannaababy- I know this doesn't really answer your question but everybody is different. Some people feel moody the entire cycle while others feel like crap only for a few days. But yes, side effects can kick in pretty quick after the first couple of pills. Sorry to hear you having an emotional time. It will pass though so just hang in there!

AFM- I am either talking to the wrong people or abortions are the think to do these days. I now know of another lady who had TWO a few years back but now wants a baby and is struggling to get pregnant. I feel really really bad for thinking this, but a part of me doesn't really feel all that sorry for her. And her reasons for the abortion were incredibly selfish. Am I a terrible person for thinking this way?? I know that accidents happen but jeepers, what ever happen to the adoption option? From all of the new ladies I met through this process who would love to adopt a baby I can't help but think, "don't harm your baby because there is someone who wants her/him alive!". I'm sorry for my rant, I do not want to offend anyone who knows someone who had an abortion, I suppose I'm just extra sensitive today for whatever reason.

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

11 years ago • Post starter

Thanks hopefulll... I'm definitely feeling bummed, but I know it's just a bump in the road. The thing that bothers me is my first round of clomid was perfect! I ovulated on cd15 and got my period 14 days later. Ughhh whatever.

Genni-- I'll check those links out, thanks. Yesterday was cd23 and I got my positive OPKs on 16 and 17, so I think I was still in the "good" window of checking progesterone. And with my temps being so low, I am pretty sure there is no silver lining to this story!! I'm assuming they'll give me a progesterone supplement and up my clomid dose and we'll start all over.

Anyway, I'm being Debbie Downer. Hope everyone else is doing great.

Pink- where are you at in your cycle? Anything exciting?

11 years ago

hopefulllll- I can relate to what you are saying on abortion.. I do not believe in it unless the pregnancy was caused by rape or incest or it drastically affects the mothers health.. And i do not believe you are a bad person for thinking that of her.

babypbaby - are they increasing your dose of clomid for next cycle? my progesterone was low my 1st cycle of clomid (which i am only on my 2nd now). I guess our ovaries just need a little more of kickstart with a higher does of clomid.. lol
As for my cycle.. I am on CD 21 and around 5 DPO.. I am getting my progesterone checked later on today.. I am nervous and excited to see what number it is this cycle.

I also am kind of having a bad day.. I got let go at my job.. But i am not really that down about it bc it was an awful job.. working for a bunch of men that couldnt do their job and I had to get most of the repercussions. SO I am having a bad day bc I lost my income but I am kind of happy about it since i will get to stay home with my daughter, just hope financially we can make it work!
Well thats my rant for the day lol :)

11 years ago

Thanks Pink:) That sucks about your job but sort of catch 22. Hopefully any stress that was caused by it will now dissipate. Do you think you'll search for a new one or just focus of ttc for now? Good luck with your progesterone!!

Babypbaby, you are allowed to be bummed out but certainly aren't debbie downer lol, you are taking it quite well I think. We've all had cycles that felt like a waste of time because lack of ovulation or follicles to big or too small or poor sperm counts, it sort of comes with the ttc world. Not my favourite part whatsoever, the good news is that you're finding this out now and it sounds like you RE is doing a good job. Some docs only test for progesterone for only one cycle and as we all know some cycles can play tricks so I think it's fanastic that you can nip this little problem in the butt now and have a more predictable cycle next round.

AFM- I have three follicles at 17, 18 and 22mm so I triggered this morning and go for IUI tomorrow and Saturday. Here we go again, I sure hope this is it!

11 years ago • Post starter

thanks everyone for the encouraging thoughts...i promise i am going to try and be more positive over this next cycle! I am starting to spot today so its just a matter time until shows her face! I picked up my prescription for 100mg of clomid yesterday. Dr said it was my choice what days to take it on...Anyone have an opinion cd3-7 versus cd5-9???
I am starting my weight loss and getting healthy goal this Saturday! I am going to try and focus harder on this than TTC and pray that it will just happen easier without all the pressure!
Pink sorry to hear about ur job ! But hopefully it happened for a reason and a better bigger door is going to open.
hopefulll sounds like u have some nice follicles. I did mention to my dr that according to some research and others i have talked to about follicle size, that mine were too mature last cycle! She said they may have been a few days over what is ideal. And hopefully we can catch them sooner this time around!

I know what we all want for Christmas this year... A !!!

11 years ago

I just tried to catch up with everyone. So much happened! I just want you all to know that you are always in my thoughts and I pray for you ladies all the time!

Well, my Disneyland trip was nice, minus getting the flu on the last day, and the random breakdown I had before the World of Color show. I don't know why I didn't realize that it would be hard on me to be in such a kid saturated place. I wish what I have is morning sickness haha! But I don't think that's what it is :)

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

11 years ago

Thanks Felurian

Glad it went well..Welcome back

User ImageUser ImagePCOS/#1 BABY BLESSING BLISSUser Image User Image My Ovulation Chart

11 years ago

Hopeful, thank you! I appreciate that! You're not the only one who has been hearing of abortions, I have too. I personally want to shake them and yell that I would have gladly taken their babies. Another rant, dh recently got a new job and we switched insurance plans. We went from having all of our fertility treatments covered to none. But the new plans covers all expenses from abortions. Why can't they help the women who are trying so hard to have a baby the same way they help the women who want to end a life? I just don't get it...I apologize if I upset anyone, that's just something that's been on my mind a lot lately.

Iwanna, I had horrible headaches, one about three days into my clomid cycle and then the day after I stopped. Still getting hot flashes on cd11, and I started crying reading "The Great Pumpkin" with ds. So I've been all over the place this cycle. Dh calls it the clomid crazies Lol.

Babypbaby, I hope getting to stay home works out. I stay home with our son, but we have a very tight budget. It's worth it for me though. Good luck!

Afm, I start opks today, excited for the next few days!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo