Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with us? Can we get a hell ya!Part 7

View Full Post

This forum is for anyone using Clomid. We are a great bunch of ladies on here so feel free to share you TTC story!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

329 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

71 - 80 of 329 Replies | Last Page

Hi I am new to the group :) I started taking Clomid for the first time yesterday. No dizziness or nausea which I was thankful for. I also am taking Metformin. My husband and I were told to BD on cycle days 11 and 13, and any other days we want but definitely not day 10. Was anyone else told things differently but their MD?

11 years ago

Hi Mommamia- I was never told when not to have sex, but my doctor also said to start around cd11.

I just made it so my current chart can be viewed- sorry about that! I also had my progesterone drawn this morning so we'll see if that's it. Does anyone know if that will give me a definitive answer on whether or not I ovulated? Also wondering if it is low, does that mean there's no chance I'm pregnant? I'll ask my doctor but figured I'd hear from you guys sooner!!

11 years ago

Lindsaytom- I hope your bleeding will stop soon and you can look forward to the next cycle. Is it light or still pretty heavy? How long did they say it will typically last?

Welcome Mommamia! As far a bd'ing goes I"m sure every doc is different. I'm doing IUI right now but before that we were told every other day is fine throughout the entire cycle. Apparently you don't want to go more than a day or two without bd'ing because if you don't use it, you lose it lol. Meaning, you DH will produce sperm based on how much is needed so if he's emptying regularly his body will produce more thinking that it needs it. Way TMI for a newbie to this forum so I hope I didn't just scare you off lol, but that is how my doctor explained it to me and it does make sense.

Babypbaby- I think they can get a rough idea if you've ovulated by your level of progesterone but it's not a gaurantee. When I first started Clomid a year ago my ob told me that based on my slightly lower progesterone that I "probably" was not ovulating every cycle. So, they can never say for sure. Don't lose hope yet, it is still possible, but, with low progesterone during your 2ww if you did ovulate there is a possibility that implantation might not occur due to low levels. I don't want to upset you but progesterone is one of those things that our body just needs to carry a pregnancy through the tricky part which is in the first couple of weeks after conception. If it is low they may also suggest progesterone suppliments to help your little bean stick. Lots of things they can do to correct it if it is low so do not worry for the future. I hope you did ovulate and I hope you get awesome results with you blood work, I will be crossing my fingers super tight for you. Keep us all updated and keep your chin up, seriously, regardless of what you read or what anyone says including the doctor, miracles happen all the time so don't rely too much on numbers. I think its good to prepare yourself for a let down so it doesn't hurt as much but do not live your life assuming it will happen. Good luck with your results hun:)

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

11 years ago • Post starter

Babypbaby, your post O temps are definitely lower than they were on the previous chart, but you do have an obvious ovulation rise and what looks like an implantation dip. If your temps shoot up, you'll have a decent looking chart.
If your progesterone is under 10, it is likely that you did not ovulate. Not impossible, as I've known some women on here who were told that, and ended up with BFP's that same cycle, but usually it needs to be over 10 to show ovulation. Anything over 20 is good to support a pregnancy. Let us know.

Hugs to kmison, mishell, and Lindsay. This journey is not an easy one.

Welcome Mommamia! Hi babylove!

Hope Wednesday is nice to everyone.

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

hopefulll - Doc said it could last anywhere till 6wks and its still heavy, very heavy!

User Image LMP - 01/09/2012, 50mg fertomid from CD 3 - 7, O = 15 Sept, on 27/09/2012 Missed Miscarriage at 8wks and D & C performed. LMP - 09/12/2012, 50mg fertomid from CD 3 - 7 (very short and light cycle) LMP - 18/12/2012 (debating if I should take fertomid again in this cycle) - 8 January 2013 and confirmed with bloods on 10 January 2013

11 years ago

Thank you to everyone for the "Welcome" messages! Excited to be part of this group :)

11 years ago

Hi Ladies! I have been reading everyone's updates for the past few days but not commenting! I'm kind of trying not to get my hopes us too much and think about all the ttc stuff until I got back to the dr to see if I did indeed ovulate.. It is kind of helping my sanity.. lol
I'm on CD 20 and I think around 5 DPO... I am getting my progesterone levels checked tomorrow, so we will see if the 100mg of Clomid did it's job this cycle.. I probably won't get the results back until next week tho.. my dr is out on friday and he has to read the results, so I might take a FRER on Monday, if I haven't got results by then.. I will be about 10 DPO. So thats whats going on with me :)

kmison - I hope everything will start to look up for you.. And about the losing weight aspect, I have gained about 10lbs in the past 2 months.. Which is how long I have been on Clomid.. I feel like I have more of an appetite on it or atleast more cravings for junk food.. And I also tend to be an emotional eater.. Its really not easy being stressed and sad, and also trying to eat right and exercise... I would suggest trying to eat as healthy as possible.. Drink water and try to eat as much veggies/protein as possible. I know its sooooo stinking hard... I am of a normal weight range but I am now getting closer to the higher part of that range and I struggle with my weight everyday... I am just trying to get myself into the mindset that I need to eat healthy for my future baby, so maybe start eating like you are already pregnant? I think that is what I might TRY to start doing. And I would be happy to e-mail back and forth or whatnot with you for a support buddy, if you would like.

MOMMAMIA - My OBGYN dr suggested that 5 days after I take my last Clomid to have sex then 2 days after have sex then again 2 days later.. so that would be cycle days 12,14,16 ( if clomid was taken CD 3- 7) & then sex on CD's 14,16,18 (if clomid was taken CD 5-9) .
But I would suggest using OPK's if possible to pinpoint when ovulation might occur.. Everyone's body works differently and you might ovulate earlier or later than those days.. And that way you won't miss your chance if you are testing with OPK's.

babypbaby - When I had my progesterone checked last cycle, it was 8 and my doctor told me he didn't think I ovulated. But what lisserb said about the number being over 10 for ovulation and 20 being good for sustaining a pregnancy is what I have heard.. But there is definitely women that have had if lower than 20 and still had BFP's and a successful pregnancy.

11 years ago

is coming temp dropped almost to coverline today 15DPO...Better add some tampons/pads to my purse...UGH
So much for small hopes..tricky cycles ,WOW !

User ImageUser ImagePCOS/#1 BABY BLESSING BLISSUser Image User Image My Ovulation Chart

11 years ago

Hi ladies! My name is Laura. DH and I are not new to the ttc process. We have been blessed with one child (a son who is now 3 ) after 4 years of ttc and one mc. Then we started trying again before he turned one and have had two more mc after that. All pregnancies were on clomid cycles. I just had surgery in May for endo and "ugly looking ovaries." (Endo on the right ovary and the left was adhered to my abdominal wall.) Our RE suggested trying on our own until the fall. So I'm on my second clomid cycle now, we are going to do an IUI this cycle. I'm currently on cd9. I'll be starting robitussin tomorrow and opks Friday. I was ready to stop trying after the last cycle but DH asked to try one more cycle with an IUI and then go from there. So, we shall see what the coming weeks bring.

It's so nice to have found this board and I wish everyone the best of luck and tons of

11 years ago

Update on me... my progesterone was 2.3, so pretty f-ing low. They don't think i ovulated but want me to come back Saturday for more blood.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo