Community post

Discussion

Cycle after MC & Ectopic

Can anyone give me some info on when I should expect my next cycle to start. The RE doctors want ONE normal cycle to pass before we can continue, well I'm on CD 36 of the MC cycle so waiting is getting to be quite a heartache.

I want to continue TTC but I have to wait such a long time and not even being able to start the ONE normal cycle after MC is getting to drive me insane.

Should I call my RE doctor to get the cycle going or should I just wait it out? Would the methotrexate cause my cycle to be longer?

12 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 12 Replies | Last Page

Hi,firstly I am so sorry about your loss,I can totally understand what you going thro.From what I have heard everyone is different after a mc,depending on whether it was natural or dnc.I had a dnc after my mc in Aug and had to wait a whole 40 days before I got my first period.my dr told me that if I didnt get it in 8 weeks to go see him.
The fact that we stress about getting it to get started again can delay our period.Wait a few more days and if you still dnt get it ,go see your dr.

Good luck and lotssa baby dust to you

11 years ago

I had an ectopic last November and my next cycle started 27 days after I stoppped bleeding. The day I stopped bleeding my hcg level was at 50 and one week later it was at 2.2, I counted cycle day one as my first day of bleeding/spotting before I found out about the ectopic so my cycle was 46 days total.

I am surprised they will start you with treatment again so soon after methotrexate. My RE wouldn't start me until Feb so almost 90 days later. So did you have an ectopic or just a MC?

I hope things look up for you and shows soon! Crazy to say you want her to come!

User ImageUser ImageUser Image User ImageUser Image

11 years ago

I had both a natural miscarriage and an ectopic pregnancy. I bled for two weeks because I was already miscarrying when they found my ectopic.

I have one normal cycle before they will start treatment again. So when my period starts that will be the start of my normal cycle. Then when the next cycle starts it will be treatment time again.

They are going to put me on provera to start my period since I haven't ovulated this cycle and I'm an impatient client. I want that second baby!!! ;)

11 years ago • Post starter

I too was already miscarrying once they found the ectopic. Yeah I can imagine your want to start asap! Good luck and I hope you heal quickly!

11 years ago

Yea, I had a small indication of a gestation sac in my uterus that I miscarried a week before they found bleeding around my tube and diagnosed an ectopic pregnancy on top of that.

It was really hard and I still get really upset sometimes, especially while others around me get pregnant while I still have to wait. But I know that we will get pregnant again soon and that's all I can focus on.

My RE doctor just called and says that my bloodwork looks like I did ovulate because my progesterone. So he said he thinks it's okay for me to start Provera.

Did you start the Provera?

11 years ago

Actually, i got the prescription filled and that day I started spotting so I decided to wait and my period came naturally today. 11/1

I had an ectopic in January. Doctor told me to wait 2 full cycles before trying again after my beta levels got to 0. Which was in June.

I started having my periods in April, but they wouldn't let me count those as periods until my beta was at 0. Which really irritated me as I was anxious to try again.

But ever since the ectopic my periods have been weird. One month its 26 days the next is 29, so I cannot pinpoint ovulation anymore like I could before!

good luck and sorry for your losses.

11 years ago

Wow grouchybutt77 that is a long time to wait fo the beta to go to 0. How far along were you when you found out about the ectopic?

Since my ectopic my periods have been kinda wacky too. I used to have either 26 or 28 day cycles now it is anyhere from 26-30 and this last one was 31... Kinda annoying!

Any news athomas718?

11 years ago

I am so happy I found this, I also had an ectopic diagnosed in September at 6 weeks, I got the shot and just had my first cycle since! We are waiting for one more then trying again, I am so scared! I feel really hopeless and scared it never happening for us. It's hard to believe it happens to 1 and 50 people because i have never heard of it , starting to think its because people don't talk about it. Have all of your doctors reassured you a normal pregnancy is possible? Mine made it seem like this happens randomly, I hope it works for all of us! Just hoping for the best and keeping a close eye on it :)

11 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo