Community post

Discussion

Ultrasound showing baby is 2 weeks smaller...

So I was pretty sure the 1st day of my last period was August 1st. Ovulation day August 15th. Got my BFP on August 24 at 9 DPO. Today I should technically be 8 weeks 2 days but the ultrasound today is showing the baby measuring at 6 weeks 3 days. 9 days ago dr did an ultrasound and she said baby was measuring 5-6 weeks. So good news is baby is growing, but HOW THE HELL is it measuring 2 weeks less? Yes if you went off my ovulation date that would put baby at 6 weeks. So of course I'm worried. I go back next Wednesday to speak to my dr since she wasn't there today & probably to get another ultrasound to make sure the baby is still growing. And maybe I was completely wrong with my dates?!?!?!?!? Anybody experience anything like this?

10 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 10 Replies

with my first 4 pregnancies they ALL measured atleast 1-2 wks behind, always. They never caught up to what they should have been for their due dates. They were all born healthy, granted the biggest was 6 lbs 4 oz & the smallest was 5 lbs 2 oz, but they were completely healthy :) my only baby that measured "normal" was lost at 31 wks due to a knot in her cord, and she measured 3 days ahead through my entire pregnancy. So for me, I think as long as baby is growing and not showing signs of distress I think baby is ok. Good luck!

Mommy to Five Lovebugs Mary, 8 Kyle, 5 Iyan, 4 Owyn, 2 Lucy, Our angel lost at 31 wks on Jan 31, 2012 Hoping & Praying for another lovebug User Image

11 years ago

thank u so much for that info. always nice to hear some positive reinforcement :)

11 years ago • Post starter

your welcome. if you can please keep me posted on baby :)

Mommy to Five Lovebugs Mary, 8 Kyle, 5 Iyan, 4 Owyn, 2 Lucy, Our angel lost at 31 wks on Jan 31, 2012 Hoping & Praying for another lovebug User Image

11 years ago

I sure will. I go back to my dr Wednesday so I'll let u know. and good luck to u, I hope u get ur BFP

I miscarried. Went to dr today & she confirmed there was no heartbeat Friday & it's up to me if I want to pass it on my own or have the DNC. UGH :(

I am so sorry :( My prayers are with you.

11 years ago

I'm so sorry for your loss Baby3please. I know how it feels, as I was two weeks ahead of you. I conceived on Aug 2, BFP on August 12. September 17, my baby was measuring more than two weeks behind. I went the medical route, taking the meds to start the miscarriage. I'm now two weeks post meds. Still spotting, and testing positive for pregnancy. I'm just waiting for the hcl in my blood to go back to zero, then hopefully I'll get a normal period and I will try again.

All my best to you this week. It's the hardest one of all. But I'm feeling better now. Looking forward and not back (though I will always love that baby, who was my first). I hope you feel peace with whichever decision you make about how to proceed.

11 years ago

I was actually bleeding a tiny bit when I went to the dr Wednesday so she said it was probably already starting & sure enough all day yesterday I was bleeding and cramping bad. I'm glad I decided to work from home yesterday. I'm RH- so I am going today for my rhogam shot. then after I get my period the dr said she will examine me and make sure there is nothing else causing the miscarriages. hubby wants to take a break, he feels my body needs it but I don't agree.

I hope you get some answers that maybe give you and DH a clear sense of when it is right to try again. Good luck!!

11 years ago

baby3please, that happened to me in late January of this year. Same thing, they thought it was a few weeks younger, and didn't find a heartbeat. I had the DNC. They were concerned that I had a molar pregnancy because I was getting really big, really quickly... (It wasn't.)

I can appreciate what you're going through. My doctor told me to wait 2 cycles until we started trying again.

User Image User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo