Community post

Discussion

menstrual cramps 1 day after ovulation and still going....

Hi ladies, I ovulated either on cycle day 13 or 14 because I had a positive ovulation test on cycle day 12. On cycle day 14, I started cramping big time with period type cramps, lower back ache and all. Felt like Af was going to start any minute. It hasn't let up yet and I am on cycle day 17 so I figure I have at least 10 or so days left till Af shows. What I am wondering is if this is normal to start having cramping this early on whether I got pregnant or not? What would cause them so very early. I have done this before but not until around 5 dpo. I had a chemical back in November and I remember the cramping started at 5 dpo. If I did get pregnant, what causes these af type cramping and is that safe and normal? It makes me think that there is something that is not right. I had a laproscopy done after the chemical and doctor found nothing at all wrong then I had a natural miscarriage in June and got my first period back in July. I used clomid 50 mg from days 3-7 for the first time ever with that cycle. I'm just wondering if all this cramping could mean that the egg is just diminishing and it didn't get fertilized. Any thoughts on this? Has anyone else had cramping for the whole 2ww and still got a bfp? Thanks

Paradise

7 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

Hello, I'm on CD 14. I had a +opk on CD 13. We've. BD everyday since CD12. I have been having cramps and bloating for 4 days now lower back ache and some localized sudden pains that last a few seconds by my ovaries. Idk if this is a bad or good sign. I will update after the tww. BABY DUST!

11 years ago

Hi ladies,

I just posted this on another thread, but then saw this one and had to let you know I'm in the same boat!!

My body has been doing weird stuff since last year. I had an ectopic in January and the weirdness continues. I may have M/C last month but can't be sure. I had mild cramps since 1dpo for both my ectopic and last month... so I don't know if having them so early is good or bad. I would definitely monitor it.

But this month seems optimistically different... Did the bd almost every day before, during, and after my OPK+. I got a bit of dark brown spotting 7dpo that lasted for one day, and have been having lots of symptoms as well: minor cramps since 1dpo, nausea since 4dpo, backache since 8dpo, fatigue since 4dpo, etc. AF isn't due til 15dpo (cd27). I just tested this morning (10dpo) with a Predictor early test and got a , but then again I knew that would happen. I gotta be patient til next week, but I OH SO WANNA KNOW just in case something bad happens again!! Once again my hopes are up, but my expectations aren't... I couldn't bear the thought of another hospital visit. Plus I got so many travel plans in the next few weeks that I just gotta know before I leave!

Crossing my fingers for everyone!

User Image User Image

11 years ago

to you!!! Wishing you luck

11 years ago

Well....

Yesterday was expected AF.... I woke up and she wasn't there. I did my HPT before I ran for my morning coffee and got a very, very faint positive. Yay!

But last night my heart sank. AF started knocking on the door.

Maybe I read the test wrong, but I was very sure to not read past the 5min mark to avoid an evap line. And AF is not nice to me this cycle... unusually heavy and, without going into all the gory details, there's stuff in the mix that shouldn't be there.

I also had dark brown spotting at about 8dpo that lasted one day, which I took for implantation bleeding given the other symptoms.

So I can only assume that I'm going through a M/C and that this is a repeat scenario of last month.

Oh, I so wish I knew what the heck is wrong with body!!!

Maybe this next cycle will be better....
to you all

paradise:
How did things turn out for you?

User Image User Image

11 years ago

Oh that just plain sucks merewynne, It sounds like you had a chemical. I had one of those in November of last year for the first time ever. I had read about it before but never thought it would happen to me. I remember that when I was testing that I never got a positive until like 16 or 17 dpo so that was enuff to tell me something wasn't right. Then I tested for the next couple of days afterwards only to watch the line getting lighter and lighter til there wasn't one! It really upset me. Then I got pregnant again in June only to miscarry at 6 weeks. I was and still am heartbroken. I know with that last pregnancy that I didn't cramp right after ovulation but when I started having cramps right after ovulation this time, I knew It must have not worked. And it didn't! Here I am cycle day 4 and waiting so impatiently to ovulate again. I am so nervous that I will just keep losing or having chemicals over and over. Are you taking progesterone? My doctor is having me take prometrium right after ovulation to help with the uterine lining and make sure the baby sticks. Good luck on your next cycle.

Paradise

11 years ago • Post starter

12dpo BFP! I need to test more to be satisfied :)

11 years ago

Treeshalee83, ALRIGHT!!! GOOD NEWS!!! So thrilled to hear this. So those cramps definitely meant you were gonna get your BFP!!! Keep us updated! So happy for you!

Paradise

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo