Community post

Discussion

Wannabe May Mommies WMM

View Full Post

Hi ladies, I was in the Wannabe March Moms thread and I think there were 4 or so lucky ladies who got their BFP but alot more of us who got BFN. So here's hoping for August or September BFPs which will bring us May babies!

A little about me: I'm 35, from Australia, TTC first baby since mc in March. Just bought a fertility monitor so hoping it's worth the $ because I hate OPKs, haven't started charting yet but will consider it soon.

Join this thread if you WMM too!!!

User Image

467 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

331 - 340 of 467 Replies | Last Page

Briony and mommyjen on your s!!!

I had a really emotional day yesterday too. I have been feeling a little depressed on top of being incredibly tired and fatigued. I should be around 9/10 DPO today, and still BFNs, although I have been having a ton of symptoms. I haven't been sleeping for the past few nights and my bbs are so sore! I have also been feeling nauseous, which is a new symptom for me. I have also had headaches, abdominal pressure, lightheadedness, and bloating.

Hoping to see some more s this week!

11 years ago

Beth- for me, I always figured that I felt I had more symptoms because I was actually paying attention to them. My two kids' pregnancies were "surprises" so I tested after my period was late, and by then I was sick as a dog and sleeping all day. I can't really compare symptoms with them. But when we were trying last year, the first few months I was noticing every twinge, cramp and sore boob, but it was actually the month where I felt fine that I got my positive pregnancy test. Unfortunately I miscarried at 11 weeks.

I'm feeling some cramps and like I said before, I was super moody and emotional yesterday, so I think I might just have PMS. My problem is that I don't even know my DPO. If I ovulated when I was supposed to, I'm 8 dpo today. I got an almost positive OPK on Friday, so if I caught the start of my surge I'm 2 dpo- about the time I start to get PMS! The next morning that OPK was negative. It was so bizarre.

I didn't write this to discourage you-- just sharing my experiences! I have nothing but the best wishes for you this month!

Christa

3x Hyperemesis Gravidarum survivor: Sky- born 12/16/03, moderate HG, untreated RJ- born 2/19/07, severe HG. 10/3/11 blighted ovum- severe HG 10/2/12 ready to bring on HG- early intervention hopefully means less agony. HG is more than morning sickness: http://www.helpher.org/ http://thoughtsonlifeandothercrap.blogspot.com/

11 years ago

OH CONGRATS to all the 's !!!!

It gives me hope that it can and does happen eventually if it is meant to be! I'm still hoping to be a May mommy. Things went really well this cycle. Clomid days 5-9, O'ed on cd16 and like teenagers (isn't that the best part of ttc!?) I have a blood test scheduled for Wednesday, to check if I O'ed (which I'm sure I did) and to test progesterone levels. Thinking I should ask about that part for sure, as everyone on here seems to take progesterone after ovulation. I guess we'll see.

Keep all the great posts coming! So many 's make this such a happy place to be a part of !!
Again

11 years ago

As usual, I think Christa is right on. I think that we women train ourselves to tune out our monthly symptoms. We're busy, we have kids to take care of, meetings to prepare for... hubbies/sig others to enchant. I think we tend to have a range of symptoms each month that we just work around until all of a sudden we're in the TWW and staring at our navels!

When I was pregs w/DS I didn't notice I was pregnant until after I was late. Wasn't tracking anything. Didn't notice any symptoms. Noticed I had missed my AF and then a few days later I couldn't stop peeing - seriously like every 15-20 mins. And felt a little nauseated and my belly and boobs puffed up and the real give-away was that I went out for beers, had two, and the next morning felt like I'd been pub-crawling till dawn. Only then did I finally take a test! (Contrast: This cycle I'm already on my 5th!)

I've been a hormonal MONSTER the last few days plus mild cramping for a couple days so I'm just going to assume is coming unless something else exciting happens. BFNs the past two days (12 DPO) keep me thinking I'm prob out. Today's my wedding anniv and was hoping for a nice present for DH but maybe next month.

Good luck pixandpoetry!

to all the BFPs!!!
And a healthy sprinking of for the rest of us!

DS born 01/2011. Preg loss 10/2012. TTC over 35. User Image

11 years ago

Haha thanks GrantsMama, but I'm definitely no expert- just sharing what I've been through! Looks like we're both in the June babies forum because I'm feeling out as well. Very very moody today and tired as you-know-what. Probably AF giving me fair warning that she's going to show next week! I'm not discouraged though. We just started trying again this month and we're keeping it fairly low-stress, so the last thing I need to do is fret over it.

My husband and I are thinking of doing P90x which, on top of school and work, will keep me focused on something other than HPTs and OPKs!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

-Christa

3x Hyperemesis Gravidarum survivor: Sky- born 12/16/03, moderate HG, untreated RJ- born 2/19/07, severe HG. 10/3/11 blighted ovum- severe HG 10/2/12 ready to bring on HG- early intervention hopefully means less agony. HG is more than morning sickness: http://www.helpher.org/ http://thoughtsonlifeandothercrap.blogspot.com/

11 years ago

Thanks for all the well wishes ladies!

To be honest we didn't do much differently this month, we did the deed what I thought was 5 days, 3 days and on the day of ovulation (could be different though as not using OPK).

Symptoms wise I've just been sooooo unbelievably tired this week and a bit sick, not vomitting though. Really bad skin breakout too which I knew was weird for me as I usually have great skin. The fatigue was the biggest indicator for me though.

My partner was with me when I took both tests as I'd been telling him I was feeling out and he didn't believe the first one because it was only a faint positive but then I read the info to him that comes with the tests about faint positives and he got so excited!! Did another digital test this morning and it came up positive 1-2 weeks so I'm going to make an appointment with my doctor for next week to confirm with blood tests.

I wish all of you the best of luck and hope that we get lots more May mummies in the next few weeks!!

To you other May mummies,

11 years ago

Hi ladies! Congrats on the s !!

So I thought for sure that I was 10dpo today, based on opk and cm. But now for some reason countdown is saying my O date was on Sept 1 based on my temps (which have been all over the place this cycle). I don't know what to think, but I'm going to keep acting as if I'm 10dpo. I'm going to be kind of pissed if that's not the case though since our BD timing wasn't ideal for a later O.

I keep comparing this chart to last November when I got pregnant and thinking *maybe* it's just that I'm going triphasic which it did around 10dpo last time. Then I try to talk myself out of it because I don't want to be disappointed again.

I'm so scared to test! Anyone else testing today or tomorrow?

BFP 11/2011; missed m/c 12/2012; D&C 1/2012. Surgery to remove fibroids 4/2012. Trying again 7/2012~ --------- I'm on a quest to live life as if every day were vacation. Follow my journey at http://summerandsundays.com

11 years ago

Good morning girls! Again a big congrats to everyone who has already gotten their BFP's! I love to hear those stories. Keeps me thinking positive or trying to atleast. I am 3DPO today and I am already feeling out this month. :( not sure why, maybe it is because that is how it ends up every month. Anyway we baby danced CD6, CD8, CD10, CD12, CD14, CD15, CD16 and we will again tonight CD18. Then I think we both need a few days break. I got my positive OPK on CD14 so I am desperately hoping that maybe this month we got it right!

11 years ago

I haven't been having any "symptoms" so, I'm thinking I'm out as well. should be here on the 7th. I just took a test and idk... I see the faint line, but maybe that's just my brain putting the extra line there.. I'm going to put up a picture, so it should be in My HPT Images if anyone would like to help me out. Be truthful, it won't hurt my feelings :)

Thanks ladies!!

@el let me know what you get!!

User Image

11 years ago

Kgrady!! That test is incredibly positive! You don't even need tools to see that line!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo