Community post

Discussion

Wannabe May Mommies WMM

View Full Post

Hi ladies, I was in the Wannabe March Moms thread and I think there were 4 or so lucky ladies who got their BFP but alot more of us who got BFN. So here's hoping for August or September BFPs which will bring us May babies!

A little about me: I'm 35, from Australia, TTC first baby since mc in March. Just bought a fertility monitor so hoping it's worth the $ because I hate OPKs, haven't started charting yet but will consider it soon.

Join this thread if you WMM too!!!

User Image

467 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

311 - 320 of 467 Replies | Last Page

Thanks Tiffany, you are the first person in the world who knows my news!!! Isn't that funny? Can't wait for DP to get home!!! Don't want to tell him on the phone, besides, he is playing golf with my 2 brothers!

I will do a digi although I have heard they're not as sensitive. Early Response has been shown to pick up just 12-15 miu where as the Clear Blue digi says 50 miu.

Symptoms: Not at all what I was expecting and I had put it all down to my new fitness regime (and drinking lots more water) but here they are:

Sore lower back
Vivid dreams
Increased thirst
Frequent urination (only the last 2 days)
Feeling elated/so happy but also short fuse/irritable
Craving red meat (last 2 days)

I suppose the biggest one has been BIGGER boobs. I actually went to buy a new sports bra and saw a gorgeous 10D Elle McPherson one on sale, tried it on and it was too small! The lady told me I was a clear 10DD and I just stared at my boobs and thought - they definitely are getting bigger. Also last week I had sensitive nipples and always erect but then that stopped.

Also this is the first month my DP has ever said 'I think you're pregnant' because he was sure we'd have a May baby (due 3 days before my 36!!), every other month he has warned me not to get my hopes up.

As far as doing anything different? I still obsessed as much as usual, and was as busy/stressed at work. I have been eating more healthily and exercising more though this month. We 'banged it out' every day or every other day from CD6-18, finishing in the missionary position, then I would lie still for 15 mins.

Thanks to all the ladies on this thread, I never thought when I started it that I would be one of the lucky ones! I'm sure there are still a few more May Mums to come!

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

I'm excited to have found this thread! I have been tracking on here for the last 6 months or so but haven't really dived in until now. I'm 30, my boyfriend is 33 and we've been together the last 6 years. We have an amazing daughter that will be 2 in November. To conceive her, we just stopped being careful and a few months later got our BFP. I can't recall how long it took, but definitely several months. 3-6 maybe? I conceived and delivered at 28. For the last 6 months we've actively been trying for our second and I'm tracking my cycle, though not my BBT or with ovulation kits. I'm on CD 20 and I'm guessing 3 DPO. AF is expected the 11, but my cycle ranges from 29-32 days so it could be more like the 13th. I've been pretty convinced and then very disappointed a few times. We took last month "off" because I was feeling like my body was letting me down, but are back at it again. I recently stopped breastfeeding so I hope that helps. I've been having regular periods since my baby was 2 months old, despite EFB for 8 months (real whole food and breastmilk since 8mos) we always have and are still cosleeping. I think it's kind of funny that back in Feb when I was first convinced we picked Mae for our girl name, but I said if she comes in May, I can't do it, we'd have to find another name. Well I changed my mind. If Mae wants to come in May, we'd be blessed to have her! Here's to hopping! Baby dust ladies! Can't wait for all the BFP were about to start seeing!

11 years ago

Oh my goodness!!! Magenta!!! So excited for you!! Wishing you a !!!!

11 years ago

Magenta, Starting this thread was good luck for you! Best of luck!!!

3x Hyperemesis Gravidarum survivor: Sky- born 12/16/03, moderate HG, untreated RJ- born 2/19/07, severe HG. 10/3/11 blighted ovum- severe HG 10/2/12 ready to bring on HG- early intervention hopefully means less agony. HG is more than morning sickness: http://www.helpher.org/ http://thoughtsonlifeandothercrap.blogspot.com/

11 years ago

Oh Magenta!!!! Wow!! Congratulations to you! That's wonderful news. I really want to hear the details of how you told DP and all about the reaction.

Definitely take the digital but don't put too much stock in it if you get a neg since they are less sensitive. Side note - I read that they reduced the sensitivity of Frer. I think it's more like 25 now so if it shows on a frer it could show on a digital within a couple days.
yaaaay babies!

Welcome marsmama!

DS born 01/2011. Preg loss 10/2012. TTC over 35. User Image

11 years ago

Wow Magenta !!!!!!!!!!! That's wonderful. I wish you a .

My husband laughs because I am on this site every day but it helps reading stories like yours. We have been trying for 21 months and I just had a chemical pregnancy last month .

However the good doctor gave me the okay to start my Clomid as scheduled this cycle so here I am CD 16. Just got + OPK on day 14 as the doc said I would. DH had to wait 4 days to . He wasn't happy but understood and was all when I got that beautiful smiley on my OPK's. So we have been busy all weekend.

Im praying for a May baby. .. to all!!!!!!

11 years ago

Magenta!!!! I was wondering where you've been. Congratulations!!!! Sending you lots of And also interested in hearing how you tell dh!

Welcome marsmomma and astillion!

Can't wait to hear more from you ladies while in in the 2ww

User Image

11 years ago

Magenta!!!! So excited for you!

11 years ago

HURRAYY AND Magenta!! and beyond! :) So excited for you and all the successful May Mommies on this forum!

User Image

11 years ago

Magenta! So happy that you got your BFP this month!

I am still 9dpo and waiting to test. I tested at 7 dpo and was a BFN. I know it was too soon but I am a POS addict lol. My DH has constantly told me these last few days that I am PG but I keep telling him to stop because I dont want to get my hopes up. At this time last month I started spotting on 9DPO and then AF showed up at 12DPO. So I am hoping I see no spotting and my temps stay high. I hope we see some more BFP's this month for May Mommies!

User Image User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo