Community post

Discussion

First month using OPK

This is my 6th month ttc, and finally decided to try opks since I heard so many success stories through friends. I had my son over a year ago, and had since been with a different guy I had my son with. He is 27 years old and no previous children. We are getting married the beginning of september :) I was starting to get worried on why I wasnt getting pregnant so I told him I wanted to buy opk!! Since we dont have sex often (sorry tmi) I figured it would be best to have the predictor rather than guess and miss ovulation. I am only 23 years and have always had regular text book cycles, until recently. Im anywhere from 29 days to 32 days.
So to get to the point I got a positive opk on cycle day 15, then again the next day, which I heard was normal, but then the next morning I got ANOTHER positive...later that day then it was negative. I had sex on cd 13, 14, and 15 (about 12 hours after the positive). So I was wondering if that was going to work? The opk said after you get a positive that you will ovulate anywhere from 12-36 hours....is that from the first or last positive?
I would love to hear some stories on opks and what other opinions :)

2 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

The 12-36 hours is from the first positive. But it doesn't hurt to keep trying right? You are actually very fertile for several days before your first positive OPK, so it's looking good!

Good luck to you :)

BFP 11/2011; missed m/c 12/2012; D&C 1/2012. Surgery to remove fibroids 4/2012. Trying again 7/2012~ --------- I'm on a quest to live life as if every day were vacation. Follow my journey at http://summerandsundays.com

11 years ago

Thank you for your response :) fingers crossed!!

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo