Community post

Discussion

decided to take a break from ttc :-(....birth control?

we started trying once i got mirena removed march 31st.it took 10 weeks to get my first period.and it last 4 weeks so i got put on prempro(synthetic hormones to stop my bleeding for 28 days).but on day 11 i started bleeding again so my doc put me on loestrin fe 1/20 to regulate me and it actually has been working.im on week 3 of it now and expect my period next week.

i don't know what to use as birth control until we are ready to start back trying.ive enjoyed loestrin but im thinking about the sponge.we just decided today to take a break as of today because we have so much going on.i hate it but it will be worth the wait.should be no more than a year.

2 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

When we're not trying I really like my diaphragm. If you have one properly fitted you hardly notice and you can leave it in for 24 hours so it's great on vacations and such (you just have to add spermicide prior to each sexual encounter for full effectiveness).

Another option I like more than the sponge or liquid/gel spermicides is called VCF, it stands for vaginal contraceptive film. It's a thin sheet of paper (like the Listerine breath strips) and you fold it up, insert it as close to your cervix as you can and your good to go 15 minutes after that and it last for 3 hours.

Non-hormonal birth control isn't always quick and easy but it's definitely important if you ultimately plan on trying again and want your cycles to even out.

good luck!

10 years ago

Thank you for your answer.at the moment I am 34 weeks pregnant.but once my little one is born, I will try those birth control options

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo