Community post

Discussion

OPK's

So I got my first positive OPK yesterday morning on CD 14 and it was positive all day yesterday and this morning. I took another test today (CD 15) this evening at 6 PM and it was negative. So it was positive for a day and a half.. It's now negative, does that mean I already ovulated or that I'm getting ready to ovulate? Could I ovulate today or tomorrow? Today is CD 15 and tomorrow is CD 16.

1 Reply • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

From my understanding once you get a positive opk you will be ovulating withing the next 24 to 36 hours. The opk detects a surge of LH hormone in your urine. When the opk shows positive for the LH then you are about to ovulate. It only shows a negative when there is no surge.

So if you had a positive opk on cd 14 then you have 24 to 36 hours to bd and still be in the window to fertilize the egg. Since our egg only lives for a short time.

I hope that helped.

Jennifer

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo