Community post

Discussion

Anyone else's period stop and start?

As long as I can remember, my period has been as follows:
-2 days heavy
-completely stops for several hours
-starts again medium/light and continues with light flow/ spotting until the end of the period.

My periods are regular in the sense that they come every 27 to 28 days. it is very rare for my period to be late.

My period always lasts a total of 6 to 7 days.

Has anyone else experienced this? More importantly, has anyone experienced this and had no problems getting pregnant?

Thanks ladies!!!

User Image TTC since June 2012. DH: 32 Me: 29 October 2012: DH diagnosed with varicocele and low morphology 1-2% to all!

5 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

Hi,

I have the same thing happen, and my sister does too. Mine stops around the second day (mainly when I use a tampon; I've noticed that if i use only a pad the flow stays pretty even. You could try that if you're not already, if it's concerning you.)

Unfortunately though I haven't been pregnant yet so can't say whether that effects anything! But best of luck to you, and since you have regular periods you have a major thing in your favor!!

:)

User Image

11 years ago

Hi Jazzy

I'm glad I saw your post as I thought it was me this happened to, tis very strange, I get a flow (really heavy) for the first one or two days, then it stops for a day or so and then comes back very light, barely anything, so still something. It doesn't help that we are TTC but suppose least it's something to go by.

Are you waiting to test? x

11 years ago

Well I am glad I am not alone!

Maybe it is normal for some women? I see my doctor in a few weeks, so I will ask and see what she says.

I'm not testing yet this cycle. I'm in the middle os AF :(

User Image TTC since June 2012. DH: 32 Me: 29 October 2012: DH diagnosed with varicocele and low morphology 1-2% to all!

11 years ago • Post starter

I quite often get this and as far as I am aware it's normal...for me anyway...never had any issues.

Don't know about ttc - took my first hpt last night and it was a very faint positive...so hoping I am pregnant and the irregular flow of periods is nothing major!

GL and babydust to you!

11 years ago

Update- I asked my doctor and she didn't think that it is anything to worry about. She asked if the first few days were spotting or heavy flow and seemed reassuredwhen I said heavy. But normal for some women.

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo