Community post

Discussion

HELP!!! trying 4 a girl 1dpo when is it safe to BD again?

Hi ladies. I am 1dpo and trying for a girl. I ovulated yesterday. I don't know what is wrong w/ me but my sex drive is in over drive LOL. DH faught me off lastnight . He told me we'd ruin our chances for a daughter if we did so I let him go to sleep. But then I couldn't sleep because all I wanted to do was. So ladies when do U think it's safe to bd again because I don't think I can not bd again tonight.I know we weren't suppose to bd anyway yesterday but I feel like a horny teenaged boy LOL. HELP... Good Luck and Sticky Baby Dust 2 U All

10 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 10 Replies

Wait... if u ovulated yesterday why wouldn't you ... The egg is there for only 24 hours!

"Whatever is to be, must be" - Bob Marley

11 years ago

@Mooneybaby because if she had sex the night before she ovulated the sperm is still good during ovulation. Besides, its not good to have sex everyday sometimes...it can reduce a man's sperm count so if you have sex daily it may not any better than doing it everyother day.

Baby Isabel Grace is due to grace us with her presence on April 16, 2013!  BabyFruit Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

11 years ago

You should read the impatient womans guid to pregnancy. It explains the way to concieve a girl and according to that book it's the opposite. I know for a fact with my 22 month old I did not BD when I was ovulating but 3 days before and he was a boy.

User Image

11 years ago

I have 2 boys and 1 girl so would love another girl, Im hoping this is true,
If you have sex 3-4 days before ovulation, the idea is that the sperm containing the boy (Y) chromosome will not survive long enough to fertilise the egg, leaving only the sperm containing the girl (X) chromosome able to complete fertilisation, therefore dramatically increasing the chances of conceiving a baby girl.
as I had sex on the 20th and ovulated on the 23rd :) either way as long as its healthy but fingers and toes crossed for a girl lol
IM 11 weeks pregnant my next scan is 27th september,cant wait.

11 years ago

i am ttc but thats now why i am bding. its enjoyable and fun. i do it almost every day and if that is keeping me from having a baby quickly i guess its just going to have to take some time

User Image

11 years ago

The Shettles Method to conceiving a girl is to DTD 48hrs before O. His theory is that female sperm is slower than male but the male sperm dies quicker than female sperm. So the idea is you DTD leaving enough time for the male sperm to die off (24-48hrs) and leave the female sperm time to meet the egg (they live upto 5 days). The other method is the O+12 theory which is where you DTD 12hrs after O which has a higher % success rate but is harder to get a BFP because you have to know exactly when you O'd. I have done a mixture of the two lol to cover my bases!! I have also been on the girl diet, taking supplements, lime douching before DTD, no big O's, missionary only, DH has also been taking supplements and cutting out red meat. Oh and I have a wooden spoon wrapped in pink outfit just incase!! lol
GL & FX you get your girl!!

11 years ago

Hello ladies,
As Vandernoordh said, the medical research has actually disproven the Shettles method. In fact, the research suggests the opposite is true, Sex on the day of ovulation is slightly more likely to result in a girl. It is also slightly more likely to result in miscarriage. Sex several days before ovulation is slightly more likely to result in a boy. Of course, we are only talking about a few percentage points different. Read the Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant for an excellent summary of this research. Hope you get the beans you want!!

11 years ago

Oh... I guess.. I'm not gettin picky with Jesus! lol I just want a child to carry out His plan.. The world is nearing it's end anyway.. And the way the world is now is like Hell on Earth anyway.. I'm just ready to give birth to a soldier for Christ

"Whatever is to be, must be" - Bob Marley

11 years ago

WOW!!! I did not know there was so much research on this topic! I want a girl very badly I do but I also feel like If it is ment to be it will be. I just thought it would fun to give a few of these methods a shot... In the end I know God will give me what he wants me to have when he wants me to have it. I've read there are medical procedures that allow you to choose the sex of your child and I am totally against that! If I had the money to pay for such a procedure I would never even consider it. There is a big difference between playing God and picking your child and being a little curious and trying a natural method such as having sex a specific days. I am hoping and praying for a little girl but truthfully I will love another son just as much :-)

11 years ago • Post starter

I did the day of O and ended up with a son he is almost two now

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo