Community post

Discussion

Anyone late 30s and up trying to conceive again? :) Pt.3

View Full Post

Hi ladies,

since we have reached 17 pages on our thread, we have to start a new one...

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

64 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 64 Replies | Last Page

Hi everyone,

I wasn't getting notified of new messages to the forum. I've missed all of you . .

Toronto: hang in there. This could be the one. for you.

Jennc: for you too!

AFM: I'm on CD1 . . . we've been out of the ttc for the last two months due to the hsg. I'm starting to wonder if I can handle a newborn and if this is really right for us. DS will be 3 in October. I know I want it but I'm not sure for how long I can keep trying, I'm only getting older. Ugh.

to everyone!

User Image Me: 39 DH: 40 DS: 2.5 (3 in October) conceived at 35, born at 36 11/11 mc 8 weeks 2/12 mc 4 weeks 5/12 mc 5 weeks

11 years ago

How is everyone? Its gone pretty quiet on here

11 years ago

Kraken, yes, I've been wondering, too where everyone went.

Hope all is well with everyone!!

I am not TTCing this month (how ironic!) in fact, I have to have protected IC until after O. I have decided to do the same IVF protocol as last time sans BCPs and so I have to take a Lupron depot shot on CD21. Since this medication can cause miscarriages or have serious negative effects on a fetus, I can't risk it. In addition, CD21 would be too early to see if I'm pregnant. So, we have to prevent this time and I am starting my stim meds at the beginning of September for my 4th and last IVF attempt (at least with my own eggs).

Hugs,
Claudia

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago • Post starter

Awwww good luck Claudia :-)

AFM - we are not ttc anymore. Just going to see what happens. Im getting myself to upset every month its not happening so to get rid of the stress we are
Just seeing how things go

11 years ago

Kraken... I think it's a great idea to stop purposely TTCing to relieve some pressure. However, I admire you for having the strength to be able to do this and make your peace with it whatever the outcome. I know, I could not do it. Even if I was not temping or using OPKs, somehow I know my body and I also know when AF is due. So, I'd still try to catch the fertile days and wait for AF (not) to show...
I know that I am not ready to stop trying. I am determined to have another child and if this IVF fails, we need to go the DE route.

ThanxToronto - its been just over 3 yrs since we started trying, we cant afford IVF and all our tests say there is no reason that its not happening - ive had a MC and 3 chemicals so i am falling pregnant but i think im just to stressed out to make it stick so we are trying this option to see how it goes. Well fed up :-(

Today i have started to have a brown discharge when I wipe. AF is not due for another 5 days but with me been bad 3 weeks ago and not been able to eat properly Im expecting it to show up early :-(

11 years ago

Kraken- you are such a strong woman. Thank you for sharing your story.

Torontochick- good luck!

AFM - I'm here once or twice a week but doing a lot of lurking when i log in. I'm trying to not get my hopes up. This is our last month on clomid. As much as we really want another one the effects of clomid are too much. I'm on cd4 and taking clomid cd3-7. We're pretty sure we won't go any further since we have a wonderful healthy munchkin. Fingers are crossed for all of us! I'll try to pop in more often.

User Image

11 years ago

Kraken... Oh my, three years is a very long time :( I do not have time anymore, actually, I figure my time is pretty much up... Last attempt with my own eggs now.

Early spotting in the LP before AF is due is generally considered to be caused by low progesterone... OR: It could also be implantation!! Are you taking any prog? I recommend natural progesterone along with the B6 and B complex. It helped me to stop the pre-AF spotting.

Good luck Jenn with the Chlomid cycle!!!

I had a picture perfect LH rise this cycle with a nice pre-O dip (caused by rising estrogen together with LH). I wonder if this is sign that my hormone levels are all nicely balanced now and if we should have TTC'd this month afterall. SIGH. Oh well, I am hoping that balanced hormone levels are also a good starting point for a successful IVF treatment.

Trying hard not to get my hopes up, but just confirmed a faint positive on a FRER digital :) oh plz let this be it, stick lil angel

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Yay, angel... wonderful news!!! Sending you baby glue so it sticks!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo