Community post

Discussion

2 week wait turned into 5 weeks

Hey everyone! My name is Lindsey and my husband and I have been TTC #1 for 9 months now. This cycle has been quite odd. I am currently 3 weeks overdue for AF and throughout the cycle I have had random hour-long spotting. It happens about once every 4 days. I have tested every other morning, all BFN. Everytime I go to the doc. they act like I'm crazy and refuse bloodwork.
Any advice? I'm going nuts!

1 Reply • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hey Lindsey!
So sorry that your having to deal with the dr's not taking you seriously. I recently experienced the same thing with Kaiser. I would say stay persistent. If you have to call everyday and get appointment after appointment then do that. And when you get in there don't let them refuse you. If they refuse insist that you want a second opinion. My Dr. said that it was "normal" for women to miss 3months at a time (lies! haha) and that they would not be concerned about my 26 days late AF until I was 3 months late. I ended up pushing for bloodwork over and over again until I got it and got Then I kept not having AF so I demanded an ultrasound. During that visit the OBGYN told me that my pain was because I'm overweight and my stomach hangs over (CROCK!! ) but I expressed how I felt that they were not treating me with good customer service and insisted that my periods are ALWAYS on time. So pretty much to shut me up he ordered me and ultrasound.

Found out Tuesday that I have a cyst on my right ovary which is probably what's holding up AF for me, and confirmed that I'm not pregnant. You just really have to stand your ground.. Threaten to file a written complaint and ask for the name of the person it should be addressed to, etc. etc. or they are going to keep giving you the same junky service.

So sorry that your having to go through all this. Def odd about ur spotting so I'm VERY upset they are not taking your seriously!

"Whatever is to be, must be" - Bob Marley

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo