Community post

Discussion

10-13 dpo spotting but BFN??

Hi everyone! I'm very confused, so maybe you have experience something similar and can help me out...For the past few months, a couple days before AF is supposed to arrive, I have like 1 or 2 days of very light spotting. Usually after I spot, my temp drops and I get my period right away. This month though, I spotted at 10 DPO, very very light brown, wore a panty liner just to be safe but really didn't need it. It was lighter at 11 DPO, and my temp went up .1 of a degree. At 12 DPO, my temp went up again .1 of a degree, and continued to spot. I thought for sure I was going to get my period the next day and that my temp would drop a lot like it normally does. This morning, at 13 DPO, my temp went up again .1 of a degree, and I'm still just spotting a tiny bit. Very light brown. Not even close to pink or red, and I'm not crampy or anything. I have also have increased CM which is unusual for me. I took a FRER this morning the FMU, and it looked like a BFN to me. Could I be pregnant or is this just a weird period?? What do you think?

6 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by likes)

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

This has happened to me twice in the last 2 years. Try to wait another 2 -3 days before you test again. I'd say you have a small chance of being pregnant but you never know!

11 years ago

Any time I have had spotting lasting more than one wipe, one time, it has been AF. I had implantation bleeding with my first son but it was one day, one time. I had implantation bleeding with this one and it was one day, one time.
Still, you never know and everyone is different. Test again in a few days.

11 years ago

Exactly--that's what I read online, that it usually doesn't last so long. It's very strange, yesterday the spotting pretty much stopped, and this morning again it was just a little bit of light brown CM on the tissue when I wiped. Nothing actually on my underwear. Today, I am officially "late" so I will test tomorrow just to give myself some more time. Thank you so much for your help--if anyone else has experienced this, all advice is welcome!

11 years ago • Post starter

well, i am on my 13dpo time frame; but i am having no symptoms of pregnancy - no cramps (like we have in periods); no bloating etc.. Only thing i am feeling now is that i am feeling bitter taste in my mouth; dont know why. Other than this - none of the symptoms that can make sure that i am pregnant.

I am waiting for 2 - 3 days more to get sure whether i am pregnant. I am waiting for the moment to get sure..

11 years ago

This happened to me this cycle too. My temp went up a bit instead of going down over the last few days. I spotted around 9 dpo, and then nothing really until yesterday when I started spotting again. It's now 14 dpo and temp is still up and I have no cramping or other AF symptoms but the spotting increased a bit this morning and was pinker. BBs aren't even really sore - usually swollen and painful. I tested this morning and BFN.

I'm assuming at this point that AF will start tomorrow, as that's when it's due but it's very odd for me to have these symptoms. Before AF comes, my temp usually starts to drop, bbs get really sore, I get cramps and I spot consistently for 3-4 days.

I think it is our bodies just psyching us out. Something to do with wanting it so badly maybe?

User Image

11 years ago

Well sure enough, AF showed up tonight--it looks like heavier "spotting", but I'm almost positive this is it. I'll know for sure when my temp dips tomorrow morning. I really wish our bodies didn't trick us like that because I have to say, I got a little excited that things were "feeling different". I thought this would be my month. Well, here's to the 6th cycle of TTC--Good luck to all of you and I hope you do get your BFP this month!

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo